Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a new Taurus PT1911 with night sights today. Field stripped the thing and lubed it with Militec-1. Have only shot 50 rounds so far but all I can say is "What a shooter" After I get used to the sights it will be a tack driver.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I've had one for two weeks. Does seem to put the rounds where you are pointing the pistol and seems to make it easy to point it where you intend. I've been very pleased with the pistol.

Good shooting.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Congrats...I have had mine for 2 months and love it. The gun is so accurate, I cant believe it sometimes. Have put close to 3000 rounds through it without any issues. Simply works great "out of the box". As soon as the stainless comes available I am going to get another one.

Here's mine with Rosewood grips. Hated the factory plastic grips...

·
Registered
35 Posts
That is a great looking gun. I would love to get my hands on the 9mm version when I can afford to splurge. I really like the serrations of the Taurus compared to the other manufacturers.

Nate

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ak Guy said:
stingray......nice pics and nice grips.....may I ask where you got the grips? ........Very nice......
I actually got the grips from my local gun store. But you can get them from : https://www.chipmccormickcorp.com/

The grips are already cut for ambidextrous safety. Make sure you buy 1911 spec grip screws. The Taurus factory grips screws are too big to fit the hole, and you will damage the grips. www.topgunsupply.com has grip screws, and most local gun stores have them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts