Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's not actually mine I assisted a friend in finding what worked and felt comfortable for her. I got to shoot it first though! ;D She was nervous with it being brand new, so I got to make sure it went bang like it should and not BOOM. After I fired the first 12 rounds she fired the next 90. She is really happy with her purchase, which is what I wanted. It has been fun to introduce someone to the proper, and safe, use of firearms. I hope she, and I :D, have many happy times with the new gun.

·
Administrator
35,627 Posts
Good job - it's intimidating the first time you go shooting, just like it would probably be intiimidating the first time you fired off a 500 magnum - but sounds like she did fine.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Gotta agree, I love mine too.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
paulrabe78 said:
Congrats on getting a woman involved in shooting.
It wasn't real easy, her sisters are pretty liberal and don't like HATE guns. One of them told her if she buys a gun she has to be ok with someone taking it away from her and using it on her. I said, "They can't take it away from you if they're dead. I hope you never have to use it in self defense, that it will just be a fun hobby. But if someone is intent on doing you harm, shoot them." I get tired of the liberal mantra's...

I also had to point out to her on the way to the range that the gun won't fire by itself. While reading the manual she became concerned that the gun would, "Just go off". Taurus needs to clarify things like "accidental discharge"; ie, that doesn't mean the gun was sitting on the nightstand and "accidently discharged" itself.

@TexasTaurus, I didn't intend to imply this was her first time shooting. She is a novice, but has been to the range a couple times with me. She even shot my PT140, which she said kicked to much. It was shooting my PT140 that sold her on the PT111. I think she was still a little intimidated, but after a half hour, and fifty plus rounds, she really seemed to get confident. With more confidence her accuracy improved as well. Her biggest fear yesterday was that the gun was brand new. I, of course, volunteered to shoot it first. ;D I would've let her but she looked a little nervous, so I offered to be the test dummy.

Thanks for the replies!

Richard

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Excellent work in recruiting a new owner! Kudos to you and her. Now it's time to work on those sisters! Anti's can be taught, just be gentle and wait till you see thier faces the first time they make a clay explode from 25 yards.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rackir said:
Now it's time to work on those sisters! Anti's can be taught, just be gentle and wait till you see thier faces the first time they make a clay explode from 25 yards.
I would rather handle a live copperhead, much rather. For the good of the cause I will try, gently, as you say.

Richard

1 - 11 of 11 Posts