Taurus Firearm Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Taurus Pistol

71K views 251 replies 87 participants last post by  Smokewagon 
#1 ·
Taurus will be introducing a new pistol into the US marketplace later this quarter. There has been a lot of wild stories circulating about the new Taurus Spectrum. The link below is an article from the American Rifleman that gives Taurus owners a fair interpretation of what this new pistol will offer. As I get more info on this gun I will post it up here.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/ar...ond-the-colors-of-the-taurus-spectrum-pistol/

This is worth a read!

#46 ·
I like it, too. On the color issue, I mostly agree, but I have to admit I'm a sucker for most shades of aqua, in general. I came close to getting a Glock .380 that the distributor had done in teal/aqua. This Taurus looks even better...and it goes with my favorite handbag. Just kidding :) (but not about liking the color.)

#3 · (Edited)
Great article for what looks to be a great pistol.

I'm in the market for a lightweight .380 pocket pistol for casual Summer carry, (my current carry has proven uncomfortable for Summer carry during the heat of last Summer) and the Taurus Spectrum looks ideal. I only hope that they'll be available in time for Summer.

The look reminds me a little bit of the Walther PPK as well as the Vektor CP1, which is nice since the PPK is one of my favorite guns from an aesthetic standpoint, and my current carry is a S&W PPK/S-1.

Reactions: Steyr and MilProGuy
#6 ·
Thank you for the heads up BS!

#10 ·
Interesting statements in the article about Customer Service.

Reactions: Taurus1965
#13 ·
We'll see. Perhaps, with the more international outlook of the latest Taurus management, manufacturing weapons for Americans, in America, and b y Americans, may lead to a revolution in Taurus products. Perhaps, withe Spectrum's introduction, the .32 junkies can get the caliber back in the TCP.

#14 ·
I may take a look at this one when it hits the market. I've had two of the TCP's. Had an issue with both when trying to clear an unspent round from the chamber. And, my wife had a bit of trouble racking the TCP.

I hope that this is better in both those areas.

#15 ·
I likes it, I likes it alot

I think the design of the pistol is pretty cool looking. Even though I know a weapons main purpose is to be a tool used to defend yourself I still like stuff that looks nice. Definitely will have to buy one. I really do like the fact that it looks as if it will not have any sharp edges.

#16 ·
Personally, I don't care what hypocritical Mall Ninjas who absolutely MUST have every firearm in Flat Dark Earth, Desert Tan, OD Green, Carbon Fiber, or some sort of Camouflage say, there's nothing wrong with wanting to carry a firearm with a little style.

I've seen folks criticizing the Spectrum up and down, snickering about how the colors are just a silly gimmick which will only appeal to lady shooters, but as a grown ass man who's confident enough to openly like what I like without worrying about my manhood being called into question by strangers on the Internet, I have no shame in admitting that I like the look of the Black Spectrum with Mint Green grips/accents. It looks sharp to me, and that's all that matters.
"What difference does it make/tactical advantage does it provide for a pocket pistol?" I dunno, but I like the color.

#23 ·
There's a video up for it now on the home page of taurususa.com, apparently the release date on the Taurus Spectrum is 01/17/2017, or at least that's the date that shows up at the end of the video.

#25 ·
Will it be available in .45? :D

Reactions: BigBlue
#28 · (Edited)
Anybody know when they'll hit the market?

Update: I just saw where Taurus has a release date pf tomorrow, 1/17/17...my birthday! If that's not an omen I don't know what is. We'll see if they actually hit the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.