Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
221 - 240 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Word at work is that Taurus isn't doing well. I wouldn't hold your breath on spectrum.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
515 Posts
I still say the Spectrum is a 738 on Kool-Aid.

Hopefully the Spectrum's slide racks better than the 738 does. Now it's not the worst racking slide in a mouse gun that I have ever tried -- that honor goes to Beretta Pico, which, by the way has a $50 rebate and you can pick one up for $119 after rebate. Coincidentally, Remington also has a $50 rebate on their little pocket pistol, the RM380, which, too, would cost $119 after rebate.

I steered clear of the RM380 after all the debacles that Remington had with their pistols.

While browsing inside of the gun store, I thought I would check out the two different Shockwaves they had in stock: the Remington Tac-14 and a Mossberg 590. These are classified as "Firearms" - not an AOW or a shotgun (despite looking like a sawed-off trench gun) - and both the Remington and the Mossberg have that funky looking Birds Head grip (a.k.a., Raptor) for your strong hand and a large, comfortable hand guard for racking these weapons.

I was shocked at how heavy they were for a shotgun that's only 14 inches long! There was no way I could even hold it with one hand let alone try to fire it. If I had to guess, I'd say they weighed at least 6 pounds. Even without firing them, you could use them fairly effectively as a sledgehammer. Also, they are not cheap (even though both companies are running a sale on them). They typically sell for $369, but in the spirit of $50 rebates, you can buy either one for $319.

I read that Mossberg just came out with a 20 gauge Shockwave which will probably be a whole lot lighter. That would make a nifty little truck gun, but if I wanted one I'd have to go out and buy a truck.

·
Registered
126 Posts
They are classified as others. Not shotguns.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Anyone see the latest "Gallery of Guns" TV show?

They had a segment on the Spectrum, showing what it looked like and how it fired. On the bottom of the screen, however, was a disclaimer: "Currently in production and not available yet." :(

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
It be on the market yet its incomplete there is no Hammer. I have confidence the engineers will get around to fixin that

·
Registered
126 Posts
I keep hearing at work that Taurus isn't doing well. Don't hold your breath. Don't you think they'd have then out for Black Friday if they could?

I'm telling ya, either they found a fatal flaw in the gun or the company is sucking air. Based on what I'm hearing , it's the company.

·
Registered
851 Posts
The stupidity continues. On the front cover of the latest issue of GUNS & AMMO plus a lengthy article. I just don't get it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
For several weeks now, it's been listed on Academy Sports website showing four color combinations all priced at $229. But it's not sold online. Go to the website for a nearby store and the same selection is listed there, too, same price; same colors. But they all say Not sold online and Not available.

But I take the listing on Academy as being a good sign that maybe soon...?

JET

·
Super Moderator
17,631 Posts
For several weeks now, it's been listed on Academy Sports website showing four color combinations all priced at $229. But it's not sold online. Go to the website for a nearby store and the same selection is listed there, too, same price; same colors. But they all say Not sold online and Not available.

JET
I searched for availability at ALL stores and.....nada....zilch....zip....zero.....

·
Registered
1 Posts

JET
Academy Sports has listed it like that for months. Doesn't mean anything.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Agree Comiskey.
I will never own another pistol that offers a duo SA and DA trigger. Total garbage trigger I have and Miami did absolutely nothing responding to my complaints.

·
Registered
34,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #235
Taurus is a joke.

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/m...-taurusarmed-net-rules-guidelines-2015-a.html

The link above is to the site rules and guidelines. Please read them. Comments such as yours are in violation of Rule 12. If this is the best you've got to offer, then you need to move on to some of the other gun forums where trolls, bashers, and morons are the rule rather than the exception. Please stop the negative comments. If you can't contribute something of substance in a positive way, then please don't post.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Ruger did the same thing with a new introduction of a new model back in 1984 or there abouts. Anyone here ever seen or held a Ruger Model XGI? I'm still waiting, I put in an advance order with a gun shop in Bremerton Washington in Sept. 1984, I was #2 on the list..........I'm still waiting to be notified on it's arrival. I did receive notification a few years back that the shop was closing and the building demolished. Oh..well; ho-hum......

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Sadly, this is just something that tends to happen in just about every business...

• Company announces exciting new product long before it is actually ready
  • Hype builds among fans of said company and their products
  • Product gets delayed as a result of unforeseen circumstances
  • Fans are disappointed but remain enthusiastic towards the product
  • Time goes by as company continues to promote their new product in spite of the fact that it is still nowhere near ready
  • Fans grow impatient due to lack of transparency/communication from the company in regards to the status of their product
  • Product Catalogs by both the manufacturer and retailers continue to feature the product in spite of the fact that they aren't available causing confusion/frustrating among fans
  • Fans grow bitter towards the company and by extension their product, then begin proclaiming impending doom, practically wishing it upon them
  • Time passes with the company continuing to promote a product which appears to be dead
  • Fans grow so bitter towards the product that the mere mention of it results in a barrage of negative comments directed not only towards the company and product, but also anyone who expresses anything other than negativity towards them
  • Company either quietly cancels the product or releases it suddenly without warning
  • Fans are angry/disappointed that it has taken this long for them to cancel/release it

But wait, there's more...

Scenario a: Product is cancelled

• Fans cling to their anger long after the product has been cancelled, responding to any/all future announced products by the company with undue cynicism/skepticism with which they use the cancelled product as an example/justification for their negativity towards new products
  • Time goes by and multiple new products are released on schedule without a hitch, yet fans of the cancelled product continue to express undue cynicism/skepticism towards new products regardless
  • Eventually another product comes along which is delayed, to which the bitter old fans of the long since cancelled product gloat about how they knew that this was going to happen, regardless of the fact that they said the exact same thing about the aforementioned products which were released on time

Scenario b: Product is released

• Fans spend the first 3-6 months after release repeatedly stating that they don't need the product anymore because they bought something else as a substitute and that said substitute is superior in every way to the newly released product
  • Consumers who did not follow the production since the start and thus weren't embittered by the delays post on forums with great enthusiasm towards the new product, prompting the fans who were embittered to angrily tell the consumers how they wasted their money and could have gotten something better like their substitute
  • Eventually the fans-turned-haters cave in and either buy or rent the product, but unfortunately they just can't let go of their bitterness towards it, and thus they end up nitpicking every little detail, seeing flaws where they don't exist, making unfair comparisons towards more expensive products, and grossly exaggerated any flaws it may have to the point that they consider them unforgivable
  • The fans-turned-haters then proceed to sell the product and spend years bitterly retelling the harrowing tale of their experience with the product until they grow bored of it, which generally takes a very long time

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
Well, I just hope it does get to market. I'm not disenchanted. I never was a "fanboy" but appreciate Taurus in general and own several (a couple 1911's, a couple TCP's, a 24/7G2C) and will probably own a few more (looking hard at a PT92) and will almost certainly purchase a Spectrum if they ever make it.

I like to support innovation in an effort to encourage it and the Spectrum is (or will be) fairly unique in the handgun arena. (Plus, I'd really like one in Purple-on-Black to match the next AR I'm building...:eek: :cool:)

Reactions: bobbojama

·
Registered
851 Posts
Watched all of the gun shows on the Sportsman's Channel tonight. 4 full hours. There were at least 4 Spectrum commercials. What the heck is going on here?

·
Registered
126 Posts
A company in free fall.

221 - 240 of 252 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.