Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
201 - 220 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
New Spectrum

Cabela's says 5-6 weeks on their site, You would think Taurus inform us when they would be available! I sold my new LCP 11 hurt the web of my hand to shoot
.had a great trigger but was hard to eject a live round .

·
Registered
15 Posts
It now says 4 to 5 weeks, so it must be keying off a specific date/range.

·
32,497 Posts
I still see a lot gun companies "releasing" their new items in October or after. Figures.

The gun market is slowing down on sales and has been for a short while now. I'm not going to into into details, but just to say the industry has come to a slow down.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Everyone might just be waiting...

Waiting for the P320 new prodcution, Spectrum, PT111 & PT140 Gen 1 resolution, T4SA, etc... etc...

The Christmas season may change things.

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Personally...the thrill has died down for me...when I see one...I'll evaluate whether I MUST have the Spectrum or not.
Yup, saw that one coming. Taurus made such a deal about this pistol, even on American Rifleman TV a couple of months ago, then............crickets. :p

·
Registered
129 Posts
Sorry Guys The Lustre has worn off, I Bought an Honor Guard HG9sc from Honor Defense, Fantastic !!! Better than the ,43, Shield , and the Price was right, wont buy in to all the Hype around the Spectrum or the CPX3 from SCCY, Just a way to inflate the Prices
sorry!! No Sale !!! was interested But now , don't care about it , the SCCY is just like The CPX 1 -2 but in 380 and Blocky Grip, Spectrum all the Hype and No Show, I ll get another Sig 238 or 938 cant go wrong with either Happy shooting , God Bless

·
Registered
181 Posts
My wife has a SCCY and we both hate it. But I'd consider a spectrum for her if they ever release it. Likely I'll give it a while to see what prices do with it.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
BigAl512...How is the trigger on the HD?

·
Registered
181 Posts
What don't you like about the SCCY?
I'm not really a fan of DAO, and she's pretty new to shooting so she has a lot of trouble controlling the gun with the heavy pull. I could get over that (and I don't have bad groups) but I really don't like the ears around the safety (we're talking a CPX-1). I haven't fired a CPX-2 to see if it's any better on my hands. I have larger hands while she has smaller ones but the ears around the safety bite into us both pretty good. She also has trouble loading the mags as the springs are extremely stiff from the factory. That being said, it is reliable and aesthetically pleasing. I think SCCY may be onto something with a modular-gripped, multi-color-offering budget gun but we do not like the CXP-1 for sure.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Word at work was not good about the spectrum. I guess Taurus is still shut down from the hurricane and the spectrum now, again, has a TBA release date.

Sorry folks, best I could do.

The shield 2.0 is coming though, for those who care.

·
Registered
129 Posts
The Honor Guard HG9SC has a Great crisp trigger , if you smooth out the striker bushing and clean up the bore Man O Man , really Nice !!, I have asked Gary Ramey to send Me 2 HG9sc Striker springs and Collets to use on My 111g2 & 709, I took the 709,111g2 and the HG9sc to the Range and There were some hard primers with the Taurus's and Using the Same ammo None with the HG, the Springs in the HG9sc Look to be the Same as the Taurus's so I want to try to make the Trigger crisper and have a firmer Strike , hence reliable strikes on the primers, will let all know , once installed, Happy Shooting!!!

Ammo was Winchester white box , Took them out of the Tauri s and one shot with the HG2sc , No Problems

·
Registered
401 Posts
...I still want to see/possibly own a Spectrum...one day. In meantime I have decided to become a Taurus owner(I've been part of this forum since Feb 2017)...so I just ordered this from Bud's.....yay I'm an OFFICIAL Taurus owner...and Ruger...and Glock...lol...Taurus 738 TCP...for occasions that my Glock 43 is just to big to carry/conceal

20171101_063911.jpg

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
I prefer the black one - I just can't dig the colors. The earth-tone one (brown) is sort of neat though. (Thanks to mingaa for the images)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Word at work was not good about the spectrum. I guess Taurus is still shut down from the hurricane and the spectrum now, again, has a TBA release date.

Sorry folks, best I could do.

The shield 2.0 is coming though, for those who care.
I felt the shield 2.0 yesterday at academy and WOW that gun feels super nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
401 Posts
I prefer the black one - I just can't dig the colors. The earth-tone one (brown) is sort of neat though. (Thanks to mingaa for the images)
n
As my siggy says..."different from OTHER girls"...love my guns...drive a BADASS Camaro...tiny bit of a rebel. If I had MY way...I'd find a way to bedazzle/sequin a gun or two. Seriously heres my stethoscope for work...it's pricey BUT MDs have stopped asking to borrow it....
. yes as matter of fact...those ARE sequins
567e664313d44bfbc46d5001cc2b01a4.jpg

201 - 220 of 252 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.