Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
181 - 200 of 252 Posts

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
My thoughts exactly. And he's only got 2 posts. Can this be anymore obvious?

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
My thoughts exactly. And he's only got 2 posts. Can this be anymore obvious?
And both of the posts contains quotes verbatim from the Taurus web site.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Kygunco has the tcp for 140 shipped and 709 slim for 150 shipped. Seems like something is coming soon..

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I find it kind of funny how few Firearms Manufacturers have their own forums, you'd think that they would want to facilitate the positive discussion and constructive criticism of their firearms for fans so that they could better connect with their fans for the sake of market research and expanding brand recognition.

Furthermore, if they had their own forums with employees or fans as moderators, then they could better prevent online bashing of their products and help to improve their image among perspective buyers by maintaining a more positive atmosphere in which only constructive criticism is permitted and wanton bashing is strongly discouraged/disallowed, not to mention having better overall communication with those who purchase their firearms.

Instead you get a bunch of unofficial fan forums which could appear deceptively legitimate at first glance, and aren't always courteous, fair, or positive in regards to the company the forum is focused on, **coughWALTHERFORUMScough** ergo said fan forums actually tends to scare away perspective buyers due to the fact that the forums are a virtual echo chamber of negativity in which perspective buyers can only hear the slanted opinions of those who dislike the company with barely anyone to offer any other perspective, with the few who due being either drowned out by the contrarian masses or silenced by the biased moderators.

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Nope...and word from Customer Service now is end of Sept(end of 3rd quarter). Honestly....for me...the novelty has worn off. Still want to check Spectrum out but worries me that they've delayed the release date by 6 or more months.
I knew they would do this too.

·
Registered
117 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,514 Posts
Did a search out of curiosity & found a place that claimed to have 1 Taurus Spectrum in stock. So I clicked on it & it reads "Pre-order (2018 arrival). I laughed. Here's the link I found: The Last Stand | Crow exclusive Taurus Spectrum .380 TORCH RED/BLK PRE-ORDER (2018 Arrival) My guess is Taurus decided not to make it & they're hoping we forget about it.
Since that is a dealer exclusive color it would be reasonable to expect it not to be out until 2018. That was part of the marketing plan. Yes it is frustrating waiting on the release I don't think it has been scrapped. Time will tell.

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
126 Posts
Keep defending Taurus. Sure.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: FreeInAZ

·
Registered
359 Posts
My most favorite right now is my .380 Glock 42.
In the meantime, no new Spectrums yet at local stores or at any big-web online stores I deal with.

·
Registered
117 Posts
My most favorite right now is my .380 Glock 42.
In the meantime, no new Spectrums yet at local stores or at any big-web online stores I deal with.
Those are nice. I rented one & it was so easy to punch out one big hole at 7 yards. Decent trigger & mine was 100% reliable. I think the small group was due to a decent sized grip. I can't shoot anywhere close to that with my Pico 380 because the grip is barely bigger than the magazine. 1 1/2 finger grip, snappy. The Spectrum, well the end of the 3rd quarter is Sept 30. 20 more days, we'll see.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am really wanting to check out the Spectrum first hand. I am looking for a 380 that is a little more concealable than the G42. If I don't get a spectrum I will probably go with the P380 which is smaller than the LCP II. I realize that the Spectrum is bigger than both of those, but I want to seriously consider it.

181 - 200 of 252 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.