Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone.

My name is John and I have just purchased my Taurus Millennium pro pt 111 9MM.

I am sort of a new gun owner aswell. I originally purchased a SCCY cpx 2 gen 2 9MM pistol but after 1 being completely non functional with feed problems and slide sticking issues

and another when shooting 10 rounds brand new out of the box and the trigger spring breaking I got rid of it quick.

I hope to have a better experience with this one. All around it definitely feels like a better firearm. The SA/DA deal confuses me a bit though.

also it was extremely difficult putting all 12 rounds into the magazine. I am hoping that letting them sit for a while loaded will help it a little.

I am a college student studying Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement and hope to become a Police Officer.

I am currently working on obtaining my CHL to get some firearm experience under my belt.

I hope to learn more about firearms in general and to connect with other firearm enthusiasts as myself.

·
Super Moderator
40,796 Posts
from the Florida Keys! :wave:

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Welcome aboard, John!
Congrats on the new PT111, it's a great choice, and I'm sure you'll fall in love with it.
Good thinking on keeping the mags loaded, it does break in the springs a bit and makes loading easier as time goes by.
Good luck on your CHL, are you in Texas? (I only ask because of all the acronyms for concealed carry, TX uses that one).

·
Premium Member
16,973 Posts
Yellow Facial expression Emoticon Text Smile
Welcome from the Rust Belt USA....

·
Registered
21,219 Posts
Reactions: P1ng1337

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

Thank you for your future service in Law Enforcement.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.