Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a Taurus .45 ACP, Millenium. Figure I'd join in here, got some questions as a new gun owner ( not just new to Taurus ). After bringing it home, before going to range do I need to clean it? Can someone suggest a good conceal carry holster? What would be the preferred ammo to be running through this thing? Read some awesome stuff from some guys on here, seems like a good crowd! Thanks it advance for any suggestions/advice! Appreciate it!

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
1 Smiley Hello.gif Welcome from the Rust Belt USA....

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma. Yes, clean it first.

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
Definitely clean it. Really, really well. Then lube it well but don't drown it in oil. I like to use a polymer safe aerosol gun scrubber to blow it out, scrub it with a brush to get all that dried out white grease of it. Then repeat only using regular Hoppes. A little light oil. Some gunslick black grease on the rails.

Shoot any ammo you can find!

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Welcome from Ohio!!

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Welcome, from Dallas, TX!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Welcome from Florida.
Welcome to Florida.jpg

·
Registered
312 Posts
Welcome from Louisiana. In addition to cleaning it, load up the magazines all the way up and let it sit for a few days. This will help break in the spring in the magazine and make it easier to load. Rack the slide, while holding onto it, a few hundred times with the magazine out. It will help break in the slide.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Welcome from the true northern Michigan da'up!!

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
:wave:Welcome to the best forum out there.From Hudson,Fl.:cool:

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Hello from StL MO!!

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Hello and welcome from Southeast Tennessee;;

·
Administrator
40,287 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Welcome from Indiana!!

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
Welcome to TaurusArmed.net from Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Hello and Welcome from the Ozark Mtns of Arkansas. Yes clean it. As for the Ammo I cant say I shoot and reload for the M66 357 Mag in my signature pic. There is alot of Very Knowledgeable folks here and you will get plenty of help and suggestions.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts