Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after many months of weeding through the Taurus Hater's comments and True Owner's comments; I finally bought my first Taurus. I got the 24/7 Pro C in 9mm. I plan to take it to the range tomorrow and break her in. I was wondering what ammo you all shoot in your 9mm 24/7s. I bought some 124g GoldDot just to have something in 9mm but plan to shot a few different types to see what she likes.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
welcome from south texas,i have the full size pro.you will love it.and the best part is that it also fires the 22 cal.enjoy

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
;D I was scratching my head saying "WTF"??? ;D

I will be pouring over the boards here probably all night anticipating tomorrow's range time :D

·
22,058 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Griffin Ga.

Winchester white box will run fine. I shoot reloads in my LS so I have not really tried
any other factory ammo in it.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I have become a big fan of Winchester white box. Best priced ammo I've found, thanks to Wal-Mart...and the quality is good too. Remington UMC has treated me fairly well. Fiocchi seems to have a lot of hard primers.

Enjoy shooting! I love my 24/7 pro 9mm. ;)

·
Registered
280 Posts
Welcome and nice gun. Enjoy your range time tomorrow. I will e taking my 24/7 .45 ACP to the range tomorrow as well. My guns all tend to do well with the Winchester white box. I haven't had a FTF with any of their ammo.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Congratulations on your new purchase barryrod, she's a beaut. ;D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well...She performed flawlessly through 150rds of Win White Box and 50rds of American Eagle. Pretty durn accurate too. Easily group small than my hand at 15ft.

My brother showed up with his OLD walther PPK and we shot 50rds through it. What a cool, but heavy, little 380; accurate too. He really liked shooting the 24/7 Pro C and is thinking more about that Mil Pro PT-111 for a carry gun. He is shorter than me and has a bit smaller hands.

I also took my Walther p22 and put about 300rds through it without a burp. My 14yo son shot that mostly, but he did good with the 24/7 as well.

Great way to spend 3 hours on a Sunday.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Welcome. I have the exact same gun, except mine is blue (i still had not found any blue on it). I carr yit with me everyday at work with a generic nylon IWB holster.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was wondering if anybody knows where to get the spacers for this gun to use the 17rd mags? I am sure I can find more of the large mags, but I would want the spacers as well.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Congrats on your ProC. This is my daily carry with Federal 147/Hydra-Shok JHP's. Range ammo for me is normally Winchester (white box) 115/FMJ or Magtech 115/FMC (available locally at a reasonable price). Good to hear you had a pleasing day at the range. This pistol is a real treat, especially for the price. If the sights were comfortable to you already, you're in for a lot of enjoyable shooting.

FYI/FWIW and mentioned in other threads, I really like the Bianchi CarryLok #82 cut for the Glock 19. High, tight, secure, easy break-in period, and ultimately comfortable while enduring a lot of windshield time. Will handle the 24/7, so you have a little barrel space left over with your Compact, but everything fits like a glove and the lock works extremely well, even with my little paw.

As for the mag spacers, good luck. It's a crap shoot getting them with the 17rd mags from Taurus and they've NEVER shown up from aftermarket sources (from Taurus). Just a matter of time I suspect.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts