Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone!

i am new to taurus and actually to compact firearms. picked up my new PT111 G2 yesterday. i have not fire it yet just admiring its looks! i paid $360 for it down from $390 they were asking. I thought that was a fair price considering what you get and the market right now. i did notice when i brought it home, that it looked like it had been fired a bunch of times. it was "new" one in the package but it def had spent powder inside the gun (black residue when i was cleaning it out). i did clean all the brown packing greese out as best i could. gave it a good oil down then cleaned it again. looks like i got majority of the gunk and black crap out.the barrel ramp looks prestine so not sure if it was fired too much. maybe taurus fired it as a quality control check? not sure but anyway, i love it so far feels great in my hand. fyi if your looking for a paddle holster or a plastic rention with paddle release, the H&K usp compact holster from blackhawk works just fine with this gun. it is ever so slightly big for the gun but locks beautifully and no shake or rattle. Gun Starting pistol Handgun holster Airsoft gun Gun accessory
there is about a half inch gap from the front of the barrel to the bottom of the holster. that doesnt bother me, as long as it works good, i am happy and it does well.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Evita hugs me every day.

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
36,963 Posts
Congratulations on your new Millennium G2 pistol!

I have owned three different generation one Millennium pistols and they are super-nice pistols.

·
Registered
196 Posts
hey everyone!

i am new to taurus and actually to compact firearms. picked up my new PT111 G2 yesterday. i have not fire it yet just admiring its looks! i paid $360 for it down from $390 they were asking. I thought that was a fair price considering what you get and the market right now. i did notice when i brought it home, that it looked like it had been fired a bunch of times. it was "new" one in the package but it def had spent powder inside the gun (black residue when i was cleaning it out). i did clean all the brown packing greese out as best i could. gave it a good oil down then cleaned it again. looks like i got majority of the gunk and black crap out.the barrel ramp looks prestine so not sure if it was fired too much. maybe taurus fired it as a quality control check? not sure but anyway, i love it so far feels great in my hand. fyi if your looking for a paddle holster or a plastic rention with paddle release, the H&K usp compact holster from blackhawk works just fine with this gun. it is ever so slightly big for the gun but locks beautifully and no shake or rattle. View attachment 48300 there is about a half inch gap from the front of the barrel to the bottom of the holster. that doesnt bother me, as long as it works good, i am happy and it does well.
Would this be the one? http://www.blackhawk.com/product/SERPA-CQC-wMatte-Finish,1145,1410.htm

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Congratulations on your new G2! I fired mine for the first time today. I was very happy with it. I cleaned mine out of the box last week as well. It too had black powder residue. I believe that Taurus fires two magazines through the pistol during the QA process. Thanks for the info on the holster. My next step is to get my carry license then start shopping for holsters. I'm hoping I can find a nice in the pocket holster for this weapon. I tend to wear baggy cargo pants most of the summer, and and an IWB holster for other months.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.