Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Took my wife gun shopping the other day after she said she didnt like the grip on my CZ and really would like her own handgun. She is now the proud owner of a Blued PT92. SHe teases me cuz its "bigger" than my CZ-40! And i am impressed with the fit AND finish, the newer matte bluing is really nice, almost looks parkerized. The trigger is like butter, My only complaint is that I have to shift my hold to reach the mag release. Otherwise I would trade my CZ for one.

Administrator
Excellent choice! Good to get the women involved in shootin'.

Welcome to the forum from West Texas! :wave:

Registered
Welcome from Missouri !!

Registered
Welcome to the forum, glad you could join us. The PT92 is a workhorse that will last your wife many years to come. Many here own one due to the popularity and ruggedness of the design.

Best Wishes

Registered
Welcome From Arizona :wave:
Glad that you are here..look around and have fun ;)
That is definitely one popular gun... :D

Registered
i'd have went for the stainless my self.. can usually get it for about 20-30 bucks more on the 92..

but either way the 92 is a great gun very reliable, i lub mine.

a little warning though the more she shoots it she might become very protective of it like a mama bear will guard it's cub.. so make sure you ask before touching it :)

Registered
Lots of people here have the PT92. Seems like a very popular
model. And a warm welcome from Tulsa Oklahoma! :)

BTW, your icon picture looks just like Bruce Campbell! ;D

That's it!! Hey Smokewagon, we're gonna have to get a census
count on all the Texans we have here! There's got to be more Texans
than any other state! :D ;D

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Im looking for the "combat matte stainless" model I see listed in their catalog, but if i cant find one ill prolly just get a blued and duracoat it, If i dont find a CZ in 9mm that i like more (unlikely). One WITHOUt the rail would be nice also, but i guess none are factory freash these days.

BTW does anyone know where I could find extended mag release button? I find this is the ONLY area where my CZ is superior.

Registered
extended mag release for pt92? not that im aware of.. perhaps taurus sells one but i dont think so.

you could try to tack on a extension.. i remember seeing a generic kit once but you'll have to do it your self and not fool proof.

Registered
Hi honey! Two things,
1) :mad: WE are not owners its MINE, leave it alone, yes I was absent during learn to share days :mad:
2) :mad: YOU ARE NOT MODIFYING MY GUN, I CAN REACH IT FINE, STAY AWAY FROM IT! :mad:

3) I still love ya though :D

Administrator
Go get you a bigger gun, my fellow Texan.....that could be a problem if it came up at an inopportune moment.....I recommend the 24/7 OSS or perhaps a big frame Taurus 44 mag...... ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts