Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,

New Taurus owner here. Just got my first Taurus, a PT-145 blued. I bought it to replace my current failing 9mm semi-auto.

I am a two time Desert Storm Verteran, of the US. Army.
US Practical Shooting Association member
Florida Licensed Class "D" & "G" Security Officer (part-time)
Florida Licensed Concealed Weapons permit holder
Local Gun club Range Officer
NRA recruiter.
Software developer for huge tire manufacturing company.

I also own a S&W 1911 .45 cal. I use to shoot in USPSA/IPSC competitions.

I had carried the 1911 gun occasionaly but it did not fit my Business Casual attire required for my "Day Job", so I had been using a Skyy Industries CXP-1 9mm. The CXP-1 is OK, but you cannot shoot it a lot. The slide retaining pin hole gets out of shape after a few hundred rounds, and now it is failing to extract, and wont go back into battery after failing the extract. So the only way to chamber another round is to drop the mag, shake or push the shell casing out of the chamber, and re-insert the mag, and chamber the new round. Not something I want to have to do in a life-threatining situation. So my decision to carry the PT-145 was two main reasons,
1) same gun size as the 9mm (ok a tiny bit bigger, but carrys in the same holster)
2) MUCH BIGGER BULLET (I prefer to carry the biggest caliber gun I can carry concealed)

Other reasons, Taurus is a bigger company, and carrys a life-time warranty on all it's firearms.

I have not taken it to the range yet, but plan on it very soon.

Peace all

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Welcome from Arizona.. :wave:

Lots of good stuff on here......Ask Away...and Have Fun :thumb:

I am a two time Desert Storm Verteran, of the US. Army.
Nice... ;) Always proud of our veterens...Past And Present..My Hat is off to you and thanks... :yipee:

·
Registered
467 Posts
Great, another Floridian here on this site. From what part of the state do you hail? I'm over close to the home of NASCAR. Enjoy your new purchase, I really like mine.

JIm

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where am I from, hehe, I thought I covered all the questions in my intro. How silly of me...

I'm In Clearwater Florida, the "Sunshine Coast" of the "Gunshine State" outside of Tampa.

When the Sun sets, we get the best view.

I stayed on the beach side in a hotel of Stewart Fl. and woke up one morning to a beautiful sunrise! I drove home and went out to the beach here in Clearwater, and watched the Sun set! How awesome it was to see the sun come up and go down in one day!!! Gosh I love Florida. The only thing better would be to live in the keys where you could watch the sun come up and go down without even trying, or driving :)

Peace all

PS. I enjoyed every day of my 8 year enlistment in the Army. I wouldn't trade one day of it! Believe it or not, I enjoyed boot camp! I got to play with, grenades, LAW rockets, m60 machine guns, M-16 rifles, and my favorite, I got to go camping for a week too! I traveled to several countries to boot, Korea (1yr), Germany(3.5 yrs), Paris France, Belgium, Austria, Italy, Turkey, Iraq, and Kuwait, and Gander Newfoundland Canada(i got stuck in a nor-easter, for 7 days, flying home from Iraq)

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Well hello nieghbor. Welcome aboard. This is the best place for Taurus info.
Which range do you expect to utilize. I normally go to Bill Jacksons. Knights is beautifull and more high-tech, but I prefer Jacksons. Then there's the Wyoming Antelope Club. W.A.C. is outdoors, and has several diciplines there. (I.D.P.A. ,Bullseye, S.A.S.S., and more.) There's also one down in St. Pete, but I haven't been there yet.
Maybe we'll run into each other one day soon. (Look for a 60 y.o. fat guy with a white gotee', carrying a beat-up briefcase.)

·
Registered
539 Posts
The 'gunshine state' was one of my favorite stations! Welcome aboard! FYI: you also answered one of my questions in another post about the Skyy.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome to the forum, we're glad to have you with us. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Best Wishes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts