Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just would like to say Hi to everyone............................ This seems like a great site

I just picked up my first 2 Taurus pistols. My CCW is a PT 145 and put about 300 rounds through it. Seems to be able to shoot any type of amo. Still looking for a good personel defense load. The other Taurus is a PT92b (9MM), they have taken a proven design and defined it perfectly. This Tool is GREAT and you can shoot it all day.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome aboard Skiman. I love my PT92, especially now that it's decked out with Hogue grips. The factory grips were fine but these have made it an even nicer pistol to look at as well as to hold.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too am a new Taurus owner, a PT 92 C, I got a good price on a used gun and like the way it shoots. Have had some experience with a colt 45 and other numerous handguns but really like the way this gun shoots, with the exception of the grips. Do not want a major investment but I would like to find some rubber grips to fit, Hogue will not work because of the model 92 C, does anybody have any suggestions ?
Recently saw a review of the OSS 45 DS Taurus and it looks like a winner, hope the price and accessibility is realistic ?
[email protected]

·
Registered
790 Posts
Welcome to the new members. Each day we keep growing here, and so does the information. Hope you find what you need. If not, just ask. Plenty of knowledgeable members here.

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
Welcome to the site fellas .. Nice to have ya'll along. :)

Abou tthe grips ... I hated the ones on the PT145, way to rough for me. I had to take some sandpaper to the checkered part of them to smoth them down and knock the edheyness off of it. Just a suggestion, although I don';t think it would work as well for you. I'm thinking the 92 has a metal frame??

·
Registered
625 Posts
Welcome aboard. I have a PT145 and it's a great gun. I may pick up a PT92 soon as well. I hear good things...

Todd

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.