Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all, new to the forums and my first Taurus purchase ever. I haven't fired shot one from the new pistol and I have just cleaned the gunk off and field stripped it. I have two points of concern and hopfully you can validate or steer me in the right direction.

1) one of the magazines that came with it is very difficult to get in and out of the frame. The other magazine goes in with no difficulties

2) when looking through the barrel I noticed a .5-1 inch worth decent amount of scraching on just one of the lands near the end of the barrel.

The first issues seems cut and try to me, probably just the magazine. What do you think of the scraching? Am I beeing too anal? Will it affect performance? Should I expect this from a new Taurus firearm? Thanks for your insight.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Same mag issue different gun

Regarding the magazine, i have the same issue with my 709 Slim. The gun came with 2 mags that work fine, but then i bought 2 extra Taurus original mags and neither one would go in or out smoothly; i got them replaced by Taurus and the replacements wont fit either; now they want me to send the gun in.
I also had the same scenario with my TCP .380 but i was able to fix it by filing down the mags, now they go in and out perfectly fine.
I bought 4 extra mags for my PT111 Pro and they all work fine.

So contact Taurus to have it replaced and hopefully they'll send you one that works.

Something is definitely wrong with their magazine manufacturer for sure!
Good luck.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
While it is brand new, it might as well go back to Florida on their nickel.
That's my opinion as well.

By the way, it's a pleasure to welcome you to TaurusArmed.net, the forum that is blessed to have the friendliest and most knowledgeable handgun folks on the web.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Well, i sent my 709 to Taurus, on their request, to see why the mags i got didn't fit it, and they found that the mag release was cracked and replaced it. I don't know about that because the original mags that came with the gun never gave me any trouble, but rgardless the mags now work perfectly, they go in and out with no effort.
By the way i sent the gun last Wednesday, the 21st, and got it back today. I am still in shock with the turnt around time.
I hope that you have solved your problem as well.
Cheers,
Cesar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts