Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I purchased a "new" 9mm PT249 a a local gunshop. Today I was checking out features on taurususa.com and discovered I could enter my serial number to get more information on the gun. The results that came back said the gun was manufactured in 2008. Is it typical for a "new"gun to sit around (at a fairly popuar gunshop) for that long. Or is the information that Taurus puts out just that far off target.
Thanks

·
Registered
7,533 Posts
Never heard of a PT249, not sure what you have

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I am not sure of your model number either, but it does happen. I can remember a time or two keeping my eye on a particular firearm that didn't sell as fast as its cousins waiting for the price to come down (go on sale). It's just like anything else, not everything which is produced is in a given year is sold in that year....

·
Super Moderator
17,634 Posts
Yes it happens. Some things don't sell, or they buy a bunch on a close out and it takes a while to get rid of them all. That looks like a predecessor to the OSS.

·
Administrator
39,504 Posts
They'll stay longer in a distributor's stock longer than in most shop's stock. But four years is a long time!

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
Yeah, there isn't a a guy that rotates the stock like the bread guy. If they get a new shipment in and someone orders in bulk, they grab whatever is up front.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I saw a SW99 45acp that was on the shelf of a local gunstore for 3 years. The day I walked in to make an offer it had sold!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts