Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
32,613 Posts

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Good looking gun! I hope it lives up to the hype.

Reactions: taurustoter

·
Administrator
40,089 Posts
It is good looking, but I ain’t a fan of those front slide serrations.

·
Registered
479 Posts
This thing looks good.
Saw that.

So, factory 15 and 17 round magazines that work in the G2C?

Fixed rear sight. (video said fixed, other places said adjustable.) I hope these are available for separate purchase. (The gun shot way low with the Lakeline fixed sight I tried, so I returned it. Back to the cheezy adjustable for the moment.)

And I wonder if they'll come out with a G3S.

·
Premium Member
13,315 Posts

Reactions: Sekol

·
Registered
9,583 Posts
What a nice surprise to wake up to this morning!:) Looks like a smart move on Taurus' part to introduce an attractive looking and performing piece that will be well received! I wonder how long it will be before they hit the shelves?

·
Super Moderator
40,578 Posts

·
Registered
9,583 Posts
Heard from Taurus' marketing folks that we should see product in a couple of weeks!

·
Registered
108 Posts
This is a good natural progression of that successful line. I hope they cleaned up that trigger. That was pretty much the only negative on the entire PT and G series of guns.

·
Premium Member
4,795 Posts
Well, so is this styled as the PT111 Millennium Pro G3? Does that mean it will now be the replacement for settlement guns or will they keep the G2C around for those purposes?

·
22,719 Posts
Good idea to build on success. Looks like it does give you good control, judging by the slow-mo and rapid fire shots. The trigger looks a bit wider than usual. Not sure how I feel about the fact that the sides of the trigger that frame the safety blade don't join below that blade.

In the end, is it just another striker fired polymer 9? Time will tell. I'm glad to see they retained the thumb safety.

·
Super Moderator
19,861 Posts
About time Taurus went into lockstep marketing plans with the rest of the striker fired firearms. Based on looks and price point, I’d say they are going after Ruger’s American series.

Reactions: jwc007 and pradeep1

·
Registered
172 Posts
I think it's dreamy. I won't be buying one though. The role is just too similar to my M2.0. I hope to talk friends and family into buying one so I can play with it. One thing I would've done is eliminate second strike capability. It necessitates the long takeup that some folks complain about. I'm assuming it's going to purr flawlessly like the G2C.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts