Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
9,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's right a single stack G2 series of sub compact. Holds 7+1 and weighs just under 20oz's.

https://gun.deals/product/taurus-g2s-black-9mm-32-inch-7rds-21900

The new Taurus G2S pistol is a single stack subcompact version of the popular G2C, which is itself the updated version of the extremely popular PT111. An incredibly thin profile, along with rounded edges and extremely light weight results in a pistol that is comfortable for all-day EDC and disappears when concealed.

This pistol features a poly frame, a fixed front sight and an adjustable rear sight. Includes two magazines and a cable lock.
Firearm Gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
If you want a single stack, well here's your baby. Personally, I want the capability of 13 if I'm going to carry a 9mm.

Bill

·
Super Moderator
37,996 Posts
If you want a single stack, well here's your baby. Personally, I want the capability of 13 if I'm going to carry a 9mm.

Bill

I'm with you. I have no issues concealing the PT111 G2 and love the 12 +1. I even had an issue with the 7 +1 in 45 ACP in my Shield...makes me carry two extra mags.

I suppose this makes it a pocket gun and will replace the "Slim"...

·
Registered
345 Posts
I prefer 12+1. I will stick with the G2C.

·
Super Moderator
37,996 Posts
Reactions: Cariwine

·
Super Moderator
35,533 Posts

Bill

My tried and true Kel Tec P11 is only 14 ounces and one inch wide and carries 10+1 rounds. If I wanted a single stack, the PF9 is only 12 ounces, less than an inch wide, and carries 8+1 rounds. But, the mil pros are great guns. :D

Reactions: silverstring

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
I agree with those that say that if you need more than 7-8 bullets for SD you're in a much worse situation that you thought. BUT, when the G2 is just as concealable as this G2S why would you want basically the same gun with LESS capacity?

·
Super Moderator
37,996 Posts
I agree with those that say that if you need more than 7-8 bullets for SD you're in a much worse situation that you thought. BUT, when the G2 is just as concealable as this G2S why would you want basically the same gun with LESS capacity?

I've not seen the G2S, and probably not many have, but I suspect that the answer might be pocket carry. IWB or OWB like we've said, the G2 disappears.

·
Super Moderator
35,533 Posts
Everyone's different, but 20 ounces is at or near the top of my weight tolerance for an all day pocket carry. In a pocket, lighter the better, but it certainly CAN be done! :D Pocket carry, though, it what attracted me to an Ultra Lite M85 vs a steel gun.

Reactions: silverstring

·
Registered
729 Posts
I like the idea that Taurus is a healthy enough company they continue to introduce new products. That said, I like my 12 +1 as others have already said. That is why I bought the PT111 in the first place over the S&W Shield and the others with less capacity.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I would like Taurus.to come out with a .45 single stack similar to its competitors. I'm now sold.on the .45 for.carry and would really welcome a new offering from Taurus. I love all my Tauri, but none of them are .45acp. So, they take a back seat.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts