·
Administrator
35,622 Posts
I'm all for it !

Reactions: Yissnakk

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Yes, please! And while they're at it, let's get one in 10mm Auto as well!

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
As long as they are working on multi-caliber variations, why not a 22LR version of the TCP?

·
Registered
36,871 Posts
I would prefer an alloy frame in the Commander and 38 super caliber myself.
it would be a pure carry weapon.
they already have the frame if they blow the dust off the PT1911 AL frames they got moth balled somewhere.
of course Dan Wesson still makes this weapon so!!!!

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
Make it a bobtail please! But I could settle for an aluminum frame one without the bobtail.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Quit yer whinin' you! Just take it in .45ACP like the rest of us!

...but 10mm would be really cool...

(...I don't have anything in .38 Super...yet..)

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
Considering they dropped even the .40 from the rest of their lineup, I find this unlikely. Even Springfield dropped .38 Suoer. Just buy a 9mm and swap barrels.

·
Registered
24,890 Posts
I will third this request.

·
Registered
36,871 Posts
I have never shot a pistol in .38 Super, but I would sure like to have one! That's one hot round.
sweet little cartridge!
not punishing to fire, accurate, and same capacity as the 9 MM weapon as the length (and power) of the round is about all that's different.
they are really a super round IF one reloads for sure.
can get quite a bit of energy from the cartridge IF you can pick the powder and projectile instead of relying on just factory fodder.
lots of people aren't aware at one time this was the most powerful factory cartridge offered in a semi auto, things have gotten better with more powders currently available..

Reactions: gbusmech

·
Registered
36,871 Posts
Considering they dropped even the .40 from the rest of their lineup, I find this unlikely. Even Springfield dropped .38 Suoer. Just buy a 9mm and swap barrels.
Citadel and Rock island both still offer the 1911 in 38 Super, as does Dan Wesson although not anywhere near economy priced.
I don't see Taurus producing the 38 Super in the 1911 again, although it is one of the more popular cartridges in many parts of South America.
I am sure they wouldn't be big sellers here.

Attachments

Reactions: gbusmech

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
I'm still waiting for a double stack in .40

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Because 1911's are habit forming and may cause addiction I need one in 38 Super too....

·
Registered
36,871 Posts
Because 1911's are habit forming and may cause addiction I need one in 38 Super too....
Indeed!
I have some of the calibers covered, all that I am currently interested in anyway.
I got a couple 10 MM, three or so 38 Supers and a double handful of 45 acp, one is a double stack.
I don't see any need (nor want on my part) for a 9 MM or 40 as the 38 Super and 10 MM easily has that area covered.
for those just wanting a 38 Super cartridge and not mandatory in the 1911 frame, take a close look at EAA WITNESS ( Tanfoglio) they have a very well made , stacked magazine all metal weapon for about 425-450 or so.
I think they may make a poly frame in the same gun in 38 Super??
this is an older version but the new model looks very similar except for a rail.

Attachments

·
Registered
15,216 Posts
Conversion with aftermarket parts to 38 super is a plausible option. Getting Taurus to make the commander in 38 super might be quite a wait as it's a niche cartridge. It's a fantastic round and when loaded with 147 gr XTPs, it really comes to life for competition or SD.

Reactions: olfarhors
1 - 16 of 16 Posts