Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me preface this with the fact that I have never owned a gun before (shot a semi-automatic one or twice) in my entire life. Since I've always wanted a gun, I decided I should buy one on my 50th birthday.

I liked the feel of the gun and became even more comfortable as I fired about 20 rounds. Then the problem started. Every 3rd round the trigger would not respond to any amount of pressure I applied. I could wait 15-20 seconds and still no response. frozen solid. If I waited another 15 seconds, I would fire. After reloading, the same problem occurred.

Has anyone else experienced this? The shopkeeper said he would have his gunsmith look at it in the morning, and I know I can send it to Taurus for service, but being a first time buyer, is this something I should be concerned about, espically with a brand new gun?

Thanks, Looking forward to taking part in this fourm!

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Yes but give the gunsmith a chance to fix it. If he can't the gun store owner should send it back for you. Taurus will fix it. Question: did you clean the gun before you fired it? If not, then that might be the problem which the gunsmith should be able to take care of for you. Depending on the person, he might simply return the gun to you and tell you to clean it and then try again.

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
Yes it needs to be checked promptly before you fire it any more.I would sen it to Taurus rather than a local gunsmith so as not to void the warranty(if possible)by having outside hands touch it.
Welcome to the forum and gun ownership.One is more of a responsibility than the other ;-)

·
Registered
29,957 Posts
Welcome aboard from Florida the "GunShine" state. :icon_ lala:

State of 1 MILLION Concealed Carry Licenses and counting!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I'm pleased to welcome you as a new member of this fine forum.

My recommendation is in line with what Stroker suggested.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'd let the gunsmith give it a look. Sounds like a strange problem, don't think cleaning will be a help. Don't worry, you bought a Taurus for the warranty didn't you, they will set any problems straight.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have found, with my M85, that if I don't allow the trigger to fully reset, I cannot fire another round. An by fully reset, I mean all the way back out.

Also, welcome!

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Rest assured, Taurus will make it right.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
1 Smiley Hello.gif Welcome from the Rust Belt USA....

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
Welcome to TaurusArmed.net from Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest!

·
Premium Member
11,235 Posts
A thorough cleaning is an absolute neccessity with a new (Brazilian made) Taurus. The preservative they put on at the factory makes cosmoline look like light machine oil. When it heats up, as you shoot, it will roll around like a sticky ball bearing made from the boogers of someone in a sand storm. I always douse a new Taurus revolver in the stongest degreaser I can get (take the grips off first). I'd do that, and try a few more rounds before a trip to Myhammy.

And by the way. Welcome to the best gun forum on the net.:happy:

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Welcome aboard from the Gunshine State.
I too, was a "late bloomer" only acquiring my first gun at age 55.
If you haven't as of yet done anything, see if you can find a gunsmith who has one of those sonic cleaning machines. If there is that nasty old factory goop inside, it may be hiding a metal shaving that is not always in to position to bind the gun. That's cheaper than shipping to Taurus. Pull the grip prior to running it through the "wash".

1 - 13 of 13 Posts