Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a Taraus 85 with a 3in barrel. New to the site. I've seen revolvers with a sort of lining in the barrel, mine doesn't have, wondering if it is plus-p rated. Any positive comments welcome, thank you.:)

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Well, Congratulations on your new 85 and Welcome from Fort worth, Texas where the West Begins....someone with a lot more knowledge than I ,will be along that can help you with anything you want to know about your new 85!!

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Yep d_man is right. As far as a lining or sleeve, I believe I've only seen those in the titanium and UL models. Good luck!

Coop

·
Registered
50 Posts
Welcome to the forums! I am new to Taurus as well having just recently purchased a model 94 and 85UL. My 85UL is P rated so not sure about yours though is it new or used?

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Welcome from New Mexico.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
:happy:Welcome from the Magnolia State!

Whether you are seeking information on your new Taurus handgun, or need help deciding what type of ammo to carry in a self-defense gun, or just enjoy batting the breeze with a friendly and knowledgeable group of Taurus gals and guys...you've certainly come to the right place.

My first Taurus was purchased in 1991...a model 85 .38 Special (blued).

My Dad carries it concealed every day. ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome!

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I checked the Taurus site and found out my new baby was manufactured last year. I presume it is +p rated. I also discovered that Taurus discontinued this model. I plan on picking up another one, may be a collectors item some day. I also understsnd Davidsons's has a ton on stock.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Welcome from S FL! Nice choice and good luck with your new Taurus.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Congrats and howdy from N.Texas

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Welcome from the Rust Belt USA.... Got pictures?

1.1 USA.gif

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Welcome aboard from the Gunshine State. If it is new production, no problem. Check the "Find My Model" page at Taurus, enter the serial number, and they should tell it's exact model and year of manufacture.
Enjoy, Shoot safely.
Here's that page. Taurus International Manufacturing Inc - Find My Model
The "find my model" system seems to be flawed. I punched in my serial number exactly as it appears on both the gun and box. It could not find it. The serial number has a 2 letter prefix in front of 5 numbers. Punching in the numbers only leaving off the 2 letters it came back with a different model number than my gun and a manufacture date of 1984. I bought the gun new a few weeks ago. I seriously doubt it has been setting on the dealers shelf for 28 years.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Welcome from IA! May I also make a recommendation on ammo? I am a big fan of Federal's Hydra-shok 110gr rounds for the .38. My wife loves them in her j-frame.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just bought a 3 inch 85 a few weeks back and LOVE it. It shoots great, has little perceived recoil, and a great fit and finish. I just ordered some Altamont grips for it and am currently shopping for some nail polish to make it even better.

I'm sure you'll love it!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mine is a Model 85 with a 3in barrel. Haven't fired it yet, but love the look and feel. Had a Rossi 3in Model 68 years ago but forget the reason why I sold it. Always liked a 3in for concealed carry, 4in was too big and bulky and a 2in meant you were too close. Remembered the Rossi was not rated for plus p. Hope all is well with everyone!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts