Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hey to everyone. I just found the site and there is alot of good info to read through.

I have been wanting a 1911 for a while now and i originally bought a springfield mil spec. :'( Nothing but problems.from day one. Stovepipes, wouldn't chamber correctly, saftey didn't work properly etc. My dealer got in one of the new SS versions of the taurus 1911 and i couldn't believe how nice the gun is and all the features for the price. He was asking 569.00 but i talked him down to 520.00, and i sold my springer to my dad for 500.

So far i've put about 200 rds through the taurus without a single problem. Not to mention i can actually hit what i'm aiming at with the Taurus. The sights are a huge step up compared to the SA mil spec.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I do have a couple things i want to do to my taurus. The trigger does the job, but i would like to have it smoothed up a bit and perhaps lightened. How much should a decent smith charge for a job like that????

I'm also going to get some rosewood grips for the SS and the blue model, "that is when i get the blue one of course" Wishful thinking for now :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.