Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hey to everyone. I just found the site and there is alot of good info to read through.

I have been wanting a 1911 for a while now and i originally bought a springfield mil spec. :'( Nothing but problems.from day one. Stovepipes, wouldn't chamber correctly, saftey didn't work properly etc. My dealer got in one of the new SS versions of the taurus 1911 and i couldn't believe how nice the gun is and all the features for the price. He was asking 569.00 but i talked him down to 520.00, and i sold my springer to my dad for 500.

So far i've put about 200 rds through the taurus without a single problem. Not to mention i can actually hit what i'm aiming at with the Taurus. The sights are a huge step up compared to the SA mil spec.

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Big Tool, enjoy that new PT1911. Everyone who has them
loves them! By the way, welcome to the forum from Tulsa Oklahoma! ;)

·
Registered
579 Posts
Welcome from Missouri. The SS 1911 is my next purchase Cheapest I can find here is $600

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome to the forum, glad you could join us.
Congratulations as well on your new PT1911. It seems the number of forum members who either own one or have the intention of purchasing one is growing exponentially.

And love the AKs in your pic as well, especially the one at the bottom. :D

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I do have a couple things i want to do to my taurus. The trigger does the job, but i would like to have it smoothed up a bit and perhaps lightened. How much should a decent smith charge for a job like that????

I'm also going to get some rosewood grips for the SS and the blue model, "that is when i get the blue one of course" Wishful thinking for now :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Big Tool said:
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I do have a couple things i want to do to my taurus. The trigger does the job, but i would like to have it smoothed up a bit and perhaps lightened. How much should a decent smith charge for a job like that????

I'm also going to get some rosewood grips for the SS and the blue model, "that is when i get the blue one of course" Wishful thinking for now :)

Don't bother with any trigger work yet. After about 300-400 rounds the trigger pull will lighten up by about 3/4 to one pound. Any grittiness it may have will disappear. You will probably end up with a trigger pull between 4-5 lbs.......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts