Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Off to Miami.. .Last round failure to feed on both mags... Also tried just loading 1 round in empty mags. Issue the same in both mags. Tech said sounds like feed ramp. Everything else worked great fired 100 rnds UMC 95 gr and 10 rnds Remminton Ultra Defense 102gr hollow points. Great until last round ftf.

Reactions: silverstring

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
Clean mags, then load for a day or 2 and should be fine.......................;)

·
Registered
36,797 Posts
HMMM? interesting!
so the weapon feeds every round in the mag except the last one and its a feed ramp problem??
OK, now i need to go to the auto parts store and get some windshield wiper blades but not sure IF I need the blue, balck or red blades to fit my car!!
the expert mechanic at the auto store said he couldn't tell me which ones that I needed over the phone!

·
8,902 Posts
sorry you are having problems with your new Spectrum. Don;t take the phone rep's diagnosis as meaning anything. In any other gun I would say it is a magazine problem. But in a Spectrum it will probably end up being a timing issue. I would expect a new recoil spring and possibly magazine repair of some kind. If you are sending in, be sure to send both magazines if your gun came with two. Good luck - turn around time shouldn't be too long 4-8 weeks. IF you want to try yourself - follow above suggestion and take the mag apart clean out the inner mag walls and clean the springs. I also apply 2 - 4 drops of ballistol on my rag after cleaning and run through the mag again to put just a very light lube on them, this also removes any left over crud. There are a few things to look for - burrs on the inside walls or on the plastic follower can slow down the feed enough to cause timing issues. But really unless you have some experience working on magazines, this may not be something you should try.

·
Registered
800 Posts
My first thought about this was 'magazine problem', too...........but I would probably send it in while Taurus will still pay for the shipping, and let them fix it. Might as well take advantage of what little warranty they have left.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mags have been loaded for along time and cleaned no help. Will see what Taurus does with it. He said longest time frame 12 weeks but should be sooner turn around. Really was comfortable to shoot compared to Ruger lcp 11 that I sold cause it killed my hand shooting it. I have small hands and Spectrum felt real good in the hand with manageable recoil. Hope to have the wife try it when it gets repaired. Great to carry in the pocket (with holster). No malfunctions until last round.

Reactions: Taurus-SL

·
Registered
228 Posts
Normally last round feeding is a weak mag spring problem, I've taken mags apart and stretched spring which did help for a limited time until they reset,
But is unusual in new mags.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts