Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to quit going to gun shows. I have got no idea why I brought this one home but it looks like it will be some fun ! Any SKS fans on here ??

·
Registered
959 Posts
muttmutt,... NICE... I see your adding to your Black collection...<:))

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Very nice muttmutt, is that your first sks? I've never owned one but one of my best friends owned one a few years back. As I recall it was a lot of fun to shoot and accuracy was fair too.

·
Administrator
18,470 Posts
Congrats muttmutt, on your SKS! I really like those ATI Dragunov stocks! I have one on my AKM. I have an early Milled Chinese SKS. The only optional hardware I have for it is a Chinese 20 round box magazine. I'm going to leave it pretty much stock. It's fairly accurate and reliable. Yours should be too! Enjoy!

AKM, SKS, and Ruger Mini-30

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is my first one. I still have not fired it. I can't wait till it warms up this weekend. Now to purchase ammo....

I will need to do alot of homework on this one. I do not know anything about them.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
jwc007,

I just noticed your Mini-30 looks identical to my own, even down to the buttpad. I need a sling for mine however.

Muttmutt,

Two words: Wolf Ammo

;D

·
Administrator
18,470 Posts
Taurus_9mm,

That pic is now old. I now have a 1.5x to 5x wideview Bushnell scope mounted on the Mini-30. The other mods to it are a Barrel Re-Crowning and the Stock has been Glass Bedded. I also want to replace the Factory Stock with one from Butler Creek. I have to get around to taking some new pics as I now have a nicer Camera and hope to get rid of some of the Shadowing on my older pics.

The only mods to my SKS have been a Barrel Re-Crowning and a removal of the Bayonet Lug.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My SKS has a TWIN BROTHER!!!!!!!! I just knew it the way he acted like someone else all the time!
Ive had my SKS for about 5 years,same thing,milled Chianese on an ATI Dragunov stock 3-9x42 scope and a bipod. I'm able to get about 4" groups at 100 yard and 7-8" at 200 yards beyond that I dont bother. Oh yes and I also use the cheap Wolf ammo.
Enjoy...........

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Yugo 59/66 with Choate Dragunov stock, Choate Tool scope mount (yes this is drilled and tapped into receiver) and Leapers 6X40. And my foot is in the picture I see too. Oh well. Second pic with 30 round mag.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sweeeet !

·
Registered
32 Posts
i got a chinese sks when i was about 18....over a decade ago. i shot it once when i got it and that's it. never cleaned it or thought about it in all that time. i took it to the range about a month ago and it shot just fine.

since then i gave it a thorough cleaning, bought about 200 rounds of wolf hp and a barska reflex sight. i'm looking forward to zeroing it.

i guess you can say i'm a fan.

·
Super Moderator
35,599 Posts
I've got one SKS set up with a sport Choate stock in camo, lighted reticle 3x9x40, shell deflector, ambi safety, cut off the bayo lug, five round flush fit mag. I have a 16" norinco paratrooper carbine with 20 round chicom mag, flash hider, folding stock, laser sight, ambi safety. The sporter is set up for night hunting hogs, though I haven't spent a lot of time doing that. The paratrooper carbine is a range toy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.