Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I picked up a new SP2022 9mm.

First impressions are all good. I like the look of the gun and the ergos, it fit's my hand well and seems very well built. Comes in a plastic case with one mag and an extra grip. I believe the medium is installed and the large is in the case. Takedown and reassemble takes a little getting use to, but I have been practicing and see no problem, it should get easier with use. The DA pull is smooth and steady and should make for an ideal home defense gun. The SA pull is light and very easy, should also make for a great range gun. I absolutely love the decocker on the gun!

As soon as I get her out, I'll post a range report. Overall, I'm very excited and pleased so far.

My best to all at TA.net! Lee :)

·
Registered
14,039 Posts
The 2022 Sig is alot like a Taurus in the aspect that it doesn't receive the repect that it should. True Sig people just can't understand liking a Sig pistol that is within the price range of the everyday gun buyer. Least of all a poly Sig.

I have the 2022 in the .40s&w round with Sig nite sites. It can be a little tricky to take down the fires couple of times. But, after you learn the proper slide position for it to be in for take down it is a breeze. I'm not sure of the 9mm but I think my .40 feels a little on the heavy side compared to some other pistols, of course it is a full size semi-wide frame. However they are well made. And if you shop around they can be had for prices that make them down right bargains. But, make sure you shop hard, they are price over an extreemly wide range.

·
Registered
29,777 Posts
Nice Sig, but then again I like Sigs alot. I've been wanting a P220 Eleite Dark in .45 acp, and a P226 Elite Dark in .357 Sig. My daughter wants a sig mosquito (pink)... so it looks like Sig will be getting some of my money in the not to distant future!

Enjoy her, let us know how she shoots!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Cool looking gun I have a stainless p220 but it just has a little take down lever that is quick and easy I also like that it is da/sa

·
Registered
36,588 Posts
OK, now you can make a table lamp out of that old Taurus Pt92 that you got!-Griiiin!
Enjoy the sig!
I think CDNN has mags for that Sig at a somewhat decent price< after all they are Sig mags!

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys!

I'll let you know how it goes after the first range trip; can't wait.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Hi leejack,

Congrats on your new Sig. I'm looking forward to hearing about your range experince with it.
Sig makes a fine gun.
I have the P238, .380, and patiently waiting for their new P938, 9mm to come out.
It is supposed to be released in March.

Rob

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Wow! Congratulations Chief!

I'll look forward to seeing some "Daddy and Daughter" range pics in the near future. :D

·
32,614 Posts
All the reports that I've seen in the police journals,tactical journals, and CCW magazines, have all the owners giving it high praise and the fact that they think this is the best SIG, bar none. They don't give a hoot about the other SIGs though I know the SIG line is excellent.

I'd have loved to get one of these some time back, but for the price of a 239 or other model I got 3 SIG 225s and plenty of magazines to go with them. It was just the timing.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Nice looking pistol -- it seems that you can never go wrong with a SIG. I can't wait to see the range pics and hear about how much you like it.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Awesome pistol! Be sure to observe the proper cooking instructions...
400 degrees F is great for chocolate chip cookies... not so good for a sig pro 2022
27yom05.jpg

·
Registered
306 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
You will like your 2022. I have one,originally in 40sw, and purchased a 357 sig barrel , which is what I wanted to begin with.

I use it with the 357 sig, and a Streamlight TLR-1s, it shoots really great, there is much good stuff about the SigPro.

Never cared for the 2340, due to lack of a rail. Mine has tritium sights, I traded an AK47 for mine, and have 6 mags, also have the new small grip, you should try that size. I also have purchased 3 holsters for the 2022 , one Kydex and 2 leather, I use the Kydex more.

To me, the 2022 is the best of the Sig line.

·
Registered
36,588 Posts
Awesome pistol! Be sure to observe the proper cooking instructions...
400 degrees F is great for chocolate chip cookies... not so good for a sig pro 2022
View attachment 21231
actually if you will just go up to about 475 then all you will have remaining is ashes and a few metal parts in the oven!!
??? I really don't even want to know the story behind this one!_LOL

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
12,331 Posts

Lucy!! You got some splainin' to do!

Ouch! I think I like Leejack's better. :D

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 44 Posts