Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been dry-firing in my home with my 627 Tracker, and I'm getting a little concerned about sight visibility. Even in what I consider perfectly normal light conditions for our home, it is difficult to see the front sight.

I've been impressed with both the radioactive and fiber sights I've seen on other people's guns -- but I can't seem to find anyone that makes them for mine. Does anyone know what can be done here? I think there are a couple gunsmiths in my area -- are they the right ones to go to about this?

-Jephthai-

·
Registered
96 Posts
put on a baseball cap with the bill just on top of your rims or if no glasses try just above the brow,in regular daylight it should help.if not tru some flouresent paint.try williams gun sight,brownells,numrich, ot taurus direct.

good luck dan.

ps if you got a six and want to traade for a four" email me [email protected]

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately, I'm not interested in a trade. Thanks for the offer though!

My concern is mostly that the front sight is difficult to see indoors. The contrast throughout my house is very low, making it difficult to see the little orange sticker.

I noticed that some S&W front sights are mounted the same way as on the Tracker (a blade and a pin). Is it possible to adapt aftermarket front sights for those smiths for my Taurus?

-Jephthai-

1 - 3 of 3 Posts