Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
I think they should have modified that 232 to 9mm. We already have a bunch of those compact 1911 types in 9mm- I think?

·
Registered
36,087 Posts
Personally i think Sig , much like Kimber is a little late to the party on the sub -sub compact 9 MM. as bro john notes there are a lot of sub 9's already out there.
of course the Sig name will sale some but the Sig price will put a lot away from them as well.
I love the Sig 238 for its size and action , but i don't want anything larger or i can grab something a lot cheaper and just as dependable.

·
Registered
272 Posts
There are a bunch of "sub" 9mm's out there but only a few companies are doing it right if your talking true sub carry comfortable 9mm's, and even less are doing it in a 1911 config. Ofcourse you have the keltec pf9, kahr pm9, cm9 and ruger lc9 who are among the leaders in the small polymer carry market, I realize there are other names on that list but im talking sales and reliability in addition to size and weight. When it comes to apeaseing the 1911 guys the emp and kimber ultra carry (a couple others also) are among the smallest in the 1911 9mm catagory. The new sig I believe is amaller and lighter than even the emp. And with what has to be a smaller price tag........more desireable.

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
For the 1911 fan, the new Sig is everything that the others aren't. It's a single action pistol, capable of Condition 1 carry. Being a metal framed gun, it will be slightly heavier than the polymer guns, making high performance loadings a little bit more controllable in recoil, as well. Also, ambidextrous safeties will be a telling point amongst the left-handed.

·
Registered
36,087 Posts
yep!!
the Sig is different mostly from the operation of it, while the gun is about about 3/4 of an ounce heavier than the 238, the same length, width and height its likely still a hand full in the 9 Mm.
I find my sig 238 as no comaprison to any other micro 380 that i have shot, the gun is accurate to a fault, as so in dependable as well, recoil is considerabally reduced to me, likely the metal gun and 1911 grip, the single action of course is light and crisp, good sights and plenty of acessories form Sig and other for it.
i think the 938 is list at around the high 800 to 900 bucks.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
You better believe I'm getting one. Yeah theres alota small 9's out but there's alota 380's out... and the P238 blows them all out of the water. I would compare them but it's in a league of it's own frankly. The other 380's are basic pocket guns and they work. The sig 238 is like a fine swiss watch that shoots like a full size handgun but carrys like a pocket gun. It can shoot right up with my PT1911's, mostly due to the good trigger and REAL nice sites. It's light enough to carry but not so light it stings when you shoot it... one that's alittle bigger in 9mm? Yep, daddy want.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I was so excited to hear that there making these 938's in different config's like they did the 238. I HAVE to have the 938 SAS model to match my 238 SAS.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
It's an impressive looking little pistol, and I'm guessing that Sig will do well with it.

Reactions: RobThatsMe

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
I really like it, now that 224 they came out with... eh, not so much.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I like it, My wife carries a Rainbow P238 and I a Ruger LCP. While I really like my LCP the Sig will shoot circles around it That single action trigger is so sweet, plus fit and finish puts it in another class of compact .380s.

What I don't like about the P238 is that I pocket carry 99% of the time and don't feel comfortable carrying condition 1 in my pocket. Now this gun I would probably carry on my hip, either OWB of IWB and would have no problem carrying that way as I do my 1911s.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
I might have to get one of these.

·
Registered
272 Posts
2012 Shot Show....Sig reveals the P938.

So I first found out about this pistol 3 months ago when a sig rep that was visiting my LGS accidently leaked it out when I was raving about my p238. Now that the pictures and videofrom shot show are flooding in, I'm more excited than ever. I got my 238 with full intention of concealed carry but quickly felt it was to nice of a pistol to be tarnished with holster wear. I know....im a pansy. Its just such a cherrished item for me. I got the 238 SAS model and almost did a back flip when I saw the P938 SAS picture from shot. Thats right folks. Their doing some of the same cool versions for the 938 as they did the 238.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Now...there's a really nice Sig!

They ought to "set the proverbial woods on fire" with that beauty. ;)

·
Registered
432 Posts
H0ly Sh0t!!! That's a sweet piece if I ever saw one!! Is it too late to add that to my wish list? I mean at first I was only interested in a Taurus PT140 then someone showed me a PT111, then an 809 and an 840 then last night some guy shows me a Zastava EZ9 which I decided is a must have, and now you drop a Sig bomb on me? WTH man now I will never be able to make up my mind!!!

·
Registered
272 Posts
H0ly Sh0t!!! That's a sweet piece if I ever saw one!! Is it too late to add that to my wish list? I mean at first I was only interested in a Taurus PT140 then someone showed me a PT111, then an 809 and an 840 then last night some guy shows me a Zastava EZ9 which I decided is a must have, and now you drop a Sig bomb on me? WTH man now I will never be able to make up my mind!!!
Depending on how deep your wallet is, I'd say the choice is easy. :) That doesnt say much comming from a sig fan though.

·
Registered
36,087 Posts
Now...there's a really nice Sig!

They ought to "set the proverbial woods on fire" with that beauty. ;)
Well at least the proverbial upper class woods that surround the Mini -Mansions anyway!-LOL
I'll likely be able to give a range report on one here as soon as they hit the market!
My next door neighbor (who has a sig 238) has been foaming at the mouth since he found out about it.
gonna go shoot it as soon as I get one he says!

·
Registered
36,087 Posts
I especially like the night sights on my P238 and the fact you can hide it anywhere.
what i really like about the sights on my 238 is they can be had in about 5 different front sight heights, 3 different rear sight heights, a high contrast, or Tritium, and are also adjustable for windage!
now thats thinking ahead when designing a weapon.
now if they (cheap **(&%#&@(&^% ) can figure out how to put 2 magaines in the box with the guns that would be almost perfect!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts