Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
40,573 Posts
Nice pistolas!:thumb: One of my nephews has one, and they shoot nice too.

Reactions: Taurus1965

·
Registered
145 Posts
Congrats on ignoring the interweb rumors and buying one.

I bought mine new back in April. 1000 rounds, no issues, and it's been the perfect pocket carry.
This pistol continues to have it's critics and there are plenty that want this pistol to fail. A few had problems out of the gate, no more than some other makes.
Last I read, over 300,000 have been produced and they're still selling like crazy.

You're going to love this little Sig. Guarantee it.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Can't wait to hear about your thoughts after a few hundred rounds. Reliability, accuracy, specific ammo preferences. I really like how they fit my hand.

Congrats on what ought to be a great little pistol.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well just got back from range. Horrible outing. Had 500 rounds of various factory ammo. First 3 magazines were great then got a squib.Can you believe it!!!! Was able to push out with dowl and reloaded magazines. Handed gun over to my son to shoot. He had 2 Failures to go into battery. After watching him shoot it appeared to me that he was riding the slide with both thumbs. I then loaded up all 3 magazines and took my turn. About 4th round of second magazine got another squib. In all my years of shooting I have never gotten one squib now 2 in one day. Was not able to remove last squib was about half way down barrel. Going to break down the suspected ammo and reload it. Not going to mention what brand it was but came in a white box.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Ouch! Hopefully a 2nd outing with better ammo will tell a different story!

·
Administrator
40,573 Posts
So, with possible operator error and cheap ammo issues, your P365 was literally problem free!:thumb:

·
Registered
37,064 Posts
Well just got back from range. Horrible outing. Had 500 rounds of various factory ammo. First 3 magazines were great then got a squib.Can you believe it!!!! Was able to push out with dowl and reloaded magazines. Handed gun over to my son to shoot. He had 2 Failures to go into battery. After watching him shoot it appeared to me that he was riding the slide with both thumbs. I then loaded up all 3 magazines and took my turn. About 4th round of second magazine got another squib. In all my years of shooting I have never gotten one squib now 2 in one day. Was not able to remove last squib was about half way down barrel. Going to break down the suspected ammo and reload it. Not going to mention what brand it was but came in a white box.
wow!
factory ammo then?
I have had one squib in factory ammo all the years of shooting .
glad you knew and caught it!
so far my Sig 365 is running like a lil sewing machine.
heres an interesting picture of a Blazer that came out of the box!
no powder--no primer--so I guess you could call it a training round???--

Attachments

·
Registered
37,064 Posts

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes factory ammo. Must have been a bad batch? Lesson lerned that we must all pay extra attention as we shoot our guns. Was definitely a little scary. Could have done some real damage.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts