Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got this IAC 97 at a Tulsa gun show at the first of the month. Went to the range last weekend, and shot 25 rounds of birdshot 10 rounds of buckshot and 5 slugs. Preformed great and I had a good time.

·
Registered
31,691 Posts
I still toy with getting one, but I got a Saiga 12 instead. I wonder what bayonet would fit it? I also understand you can slam fire the 97.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A friend of mine has some bayonets. I'm going to check with him. How do you like your Saiga? I think I want one of those too.

·
Administrator
35,115 Posts
Nice shotgun ! Should keep you well protected. Congrats !

·
Registered
31,691 Posts
The Saiga has been great, one of those guns you shoot a couple of hundred rounds through, then put up until the zombies show up. I have kept mine stock except for a slip on Limbsaver and sling. Poly-choke makes a variable twist type choke that screws right on the end of the barrel I would like to have to be able to tighten the choke so I could reach out some. I never have bought any of the 20 round drums as they make the gun just too heavy to suit me. Most of the aftermarket mags today are 12 round, although I bought my supply when the 10 rounders were the maximum you could get and they get long. There is a 10 round drum which would make for a lower profile, but I think the stick mags would be more reliable. I can empty a 10 round mag in less than 3 seconds, which will back you up a little unless you are a big ole boy. Imagine 90 double ought pellets going down the street in less than 3 seconds, or 270 # 4 Buck pellets. That's a lot of angry hornets to make a lot of folks think of retreat!

I have my hunting shotguns and never think about the Saiga 12 for that purpose. It's just too heavy to want to carry around all day hunting. It is strictly for Castle defense and a SHTF gun.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Congrats on a very nice acquisition!

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
Very nice 97, i especially like the finish on the furniture. That's a really classic look with a great functioning shotgun.

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Not much for conceal carry. But, I would sure hate to be the bad guy who just broke into your house. Only thing more scary than the sound of a round being racked into the chamber would be, hearing you say to your wife in a semi loud voice "I know dear, but I am using a different shell this time. The blood shouldn't splatter as bad as it did the last time" OR "Give me five minutes to take care of this, and then call 911"

As you can tell....I like it!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts