Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shelby (20 year old daughter) and I took my sister-in-law shooting because she had never shot a gun and wanted to go. Rebecca (my 9 year old) went along. She loves the rang and has been shooting airrifles for a while now. below are some pics with captions. a great time was had by all even if I only shot 30 rounds myself

sister-in-law and Shelby shooting

Rebecca shooting S&W mp15-22 for the 1st time. She took her glasses off for the picture, notice open bolt on gun

The results of Rebecca shooting at 20 yards remember this is her 1st time.

·
Registered
24,940 Posts
Looks like a good time was had by all.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
HAH! Last pic looks like the same clamps I use!

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Looks like fun!

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Last Saturday I had the honor of being one of three pistol instructors for 80 kids ranging in age from 8-16 years old. It was part of a Youth Fest my club hosts annually and what a pleasure it was to see kids, many of which have never held a gun of any type, quickly learn and start hitting the steel targets down range. The girls seem to excel at taking instruction and putting it into practice more readily than the boys and that was a hoot to witness. Good job Vaskeet, we need those young shooters!

·
Administrator
40,573 Posts
I see smiles all around, and that's what it's all about. Rebecca didn't do bad at all for the first time. :thumb:

On the clamps, I just use clothes pins. They're cheaper, and someone always manages to shoot one or two. I've never seen chicken wire used before, and looks to be a good idea. Last long?

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I see smiles all around, and that's what it's all about. Rebecca didn't do bad at all for the first time. :thumb:

On the clamps, I just use clothes pins. They're cheaper, and someone always manages to shoot one or two. I've never seen chicken wire used before, and looks to be a good idea. Last long?
Outerbanks of NC the clothes pins sometimes have problems with the wind. The chicken wire works good the center will get shot out quick but you still have the outside to clip to. the range changes it out about once a week. It is attacthed by wrapping it around drywall screws. Now if we could only get people to stop shooting the 2X4's the base is also on wheels so you can change the distance

1 - 10 of 10 Posts