Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Met a friend at the range today and he brought a co-worker that never shot before. I wasn't prepared for a newbie so all I brought with me was my PT1911 and PT145. I started her out with the PT1911 and after about 4 magazines she was on the paper and after a couple of more she was grouping her shots real well at about 4 o'clock. We switched to the PT 145 and she was grouping her shots around center. I was very impressed and she was thrilled to death. I just love helping new shooters and watching their face when the gun goes bang the first time. All in all a great day at the range.

·
Super Moderator
27,058 Posts
Why do you think I take some many kids to the range on your dollar?
That smile when they realize that...: They can do it!!! Not once, not twice...but every time! And with newbies....that are willing to learn.... YOUR TIME...YOUR REWARD.
Thank you for doing that!

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Yup, that's the way it is, and it's wonderful.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I love it when I shoot with my two sons. Awesome feeling!

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
The more people that are into shooting the better off we all are. Nice job at introducing her to the sport as well as a skill that may protect her and her loved ones. Nice job.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just love helping new shooters and watching their face when the gun goes bang the first time. All in all a great day at the range.
I took a female friend of mine to the range several weeks ago. She was interested in trying out some of my pistols to get an idea of what she might be interested in for home defense. Funny thing. The pistols that I could really shoot well with - including a High Standard Supermatic Trophy 22LR target pistol with a 7.25" barrel - were very tough for her to stay anywhere near the center of the bullseye. When she picked up my S&W Bodyguard 380, however, she shot 2 6-round groups that I would be very proud of! About two weeks later she went with me again to try several other pistols. Just to prove the first two groups with the Bodyguard were not flukes, she proceeded to shoot two more 6-round groups that were even tighter than the first two!! (And she had done no practicing between the two trips!) Based on the results of the two trips, I loaned her the Bodyguard until she either decides to buy it from me or get one of her own.

Reactions: rodfair

·
Registered
202 Posts
Thats why I love shooting with my grandkids.

Reactions: rodfair

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
The cool thing about new shooters is that it doesn't matter what they thought of guns before - the first time they squeeze one off, they're hooked. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts