Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I don't know, It's nice to see that option, but doesn't that make it less concealable?
Probably not by much. The gun is s small as the KelTec P-11. And the optic is quite small, itself.

Reactions: Rotorflyr

·
Registered
150 Posts
I purchased a SCCY CPX2 a few months ago. I shot 80 rounds through it and the best 5 shot 7yd group was about 8 inches. It's a paper weight now because I can't get rid of it.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I purchased a SCCY CPX2 a few months ago. I shot 80 rounds through it and the best 5 shot 7yd group was about 8 inches. It's a paper weight now because I can't get rid of it.
I'll give ya $20 shipped for it....:p

Seriously, what other pistols in that size range do you shoot? How much better do you shoot them?
It's a small defensive 9mm not a bulls eye gun, and 8" is roughly chest sized which isn't horrible for self-defense.

(but I will really give ya $20 for it)

·
Supporting Moderator
14,825 Posts
I would offer $25

BUT if you really want to move it, place it in Classifieds, and please read the guidelines.

:D

Reactions: loudviking

·
Registered
14,677 Posts
I do not see the necessity for a Red Dot Sight on a small point and shoot gun.

IMHO, it would be best to learn to shoot this as an extension of your arm.

When you can draw and point it and get rounds on target, you have a very potent self defense weapon in a small concealable package.

Reactions: morrcarr67

·
Super Moderator
35,529 Posts
If it shoots like that off a rest I would be in touch with SCCY. I would think they would want to know about that.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Love my CPX-3 chambered in .380. Great gun. Accurate and reliable. 1000+ rounds without a problem. Admittedly, the trigger takes some getting used to but, once you get the feel of it, it's all good.

I have no qualms about using it for self defense.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to the group, thanks for the add!

I picked the SCCY CPX2RD up because it reminded me of the PT709 Slim that I once had size wise but it didn't eat my hand up with hungry slide issues.

I like to consider firearms that my wife would at least attempt to shoot with me as well and with her MS and failing optic nerves, I figured a red dot would make it a bit easier for her weak eye dominance.

Let me say this pistol is a shooter! 1/4 turn on the windage adjustment and I was stacking rounds 10-15 yards (slow shots, learning trigger) No ftf, fte or any other problem.

Carried in my pants pocket for 3 days straight and couldn't even tell it had a reddot mounted.

My issue or downside to this pistol is lack of holsters available with the optic cut. Its a nice little gun, but if I can't carry it comfortably concealled-it will be relegated to gun cabinet duty.

·
21,935 Posts
Hmm, missed this thread 9 months ago somehow.

Yes, the red dot does no doubt make it less concealable. But less than what? I regularly carry a double stack 5" 1911. It's far larger than this pistol, and it's far heavier. What really concerns me is that it doesn't have a thumb safety.

Clayton, get a sheet of kydex and get busy. You'll have a holster that works for you in no time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts