Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
News Flash!!! I've gotten some new product updates from the Shot Show. Seems Smith & Wesson has introduced an evolutionary new striker fired, single stack pistol in .45ACP., 7 shot capacity that weighs in at 29 oz. Didn't Taurus fill that niche several years ago??? Duhhh!

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
News Flash!!! I've gotten some new product updates from the Shot Show. Seems Smith & Wesson has introduced an evolutionary new striker fired, single stack pistol in .45ACP., 7 shot capacity that weighs in at 29 oz. Didn't Taurus fill that niche several years ago??? Duhhh!
Some guy named John Moses Browning made a single stack pistol in .45 ACP just over 100 years ago, and I'm open to wager that his firearm has a better trigger and price point than S&W's "evolutionary" offering.

·
Registered
9,163 Posts
Sounds kind of like my Stainless 945 from the year 2000, but mine is hammer fired and the only plastic on it are the sights and grips. Oh yeah, and my has a 9 round (8+1) capacity.

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
Some guy named John Moses Browning made a single stack pistol in .45 ACP just over 100 years ago, and I'm open to wager that his firearm has a better trigger and price point than S&W's "evolutionary" offering.
Strongly Agree.

·
Registered
246 Posts
This guy picked up a rock and threw it at another guy about 100.000 years ago. Oh and he has unlimited ammo...assuming he's near a lot of rocks. :)
geico_caveman.jpg

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Dang, guess I'm the only one who got a little excited. I really love the new M&P's not that I broke down and tried one. I'm hoping it will be a single stack version of the M&P45c.

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
Dang, guess I'm the only one who got a little excited.
I think the new unofficial S&W has potential. Not all single stack .45 ACPs need a manual safety, grip safety, a metal frame, and a hammer to be a good concealed carry gun.

Although, I have a feeling this new STI will undoubtedly offend 1911 lovers. :devil:

·
Registered
246 Posts
I think the new unofficial S&W has potential. Not all single stack .45 ACPs need a manual safety, grip safety, a metal frame, and a hammer to be a good concealed carry gun.

Although, I have a feeling this new STI will undoubtedly offend 1911 lovers. :devil:
Actually, I kinda like this :)

Reactions: kaiged1

·
Registered
171 Posts
S&W had several good .45 ACP single stacks over the years, I had a 4516 that was reliable and accurate but rather heavy, so I sold it. 29 ounces sound better, it sounds good.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts

What is it? doublestack 45, the grip area looks interesting.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts