Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, great forum. New member here.

I picked up a 44mag model 92 the other day and am having an issue with it. It's not ejecting the last round fired. It extracts it but doesn't throw it up and out. Doesn't seem to matter if i load 2 or 8 rounds in the rifle. All rounds extract and eject up and out except for last round. Here's a pic of how it looks after working the lever open on last round fired.

This is a brand new gun picked up last week with only 40rds through it. Live rounds all cycle and eject perfectly. Because it's new i hate to tear into it and on the other hand i hate to have to send it off to the factory. However i would like for it to work properly. By the way i'm shooting winchester 240gr semi jacketed soft points from walmart.

Any idea why this is happening?? Thanks for any advice or feedback.

On a side note and i don't want to start a brand bashing thread but the first rifle i brought home the other day wouldn't even extract live rounds from the chamber. I took it back to the store i purchased it from and they swapped it for this one after testing it in the store. They were consecutive serial number guns. Go figure.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I will leave an answer to the more knowledgeable rifle folks, but welcome to the forum from IA!

·
Registered
339 Posts
it might be just the angle of the camera but i don't see the ejector in the picture. is it maybe stuck in the bolt?

·
Registered
40 Posts
If I were you, I would get steve's DVD take her apart and clean up the insides by that I mean there are alot of rough spots that can jam up and slow down the shell carrier and bolt These guns are not known to run perfect without a little work in most cases. Sorry that it is giovin you trouble but if you take it apart and clean it up I bet you will find or be able to fix whatever is causeing the ejection problem on your rifle. One thing that could be causeing it is alot of grease on the inside of these they are imported and therefore alot of grease inside and out on the new guns maybe your ejection spring has grease gumming it up easy way to see remove the rear stock carefully take it out side and spray the inside of action down with non chlorinated brake cleaner from your loacl auto parts store if there is grease gummin up the works then this will remove the grease. then as Steve says spary can of gun oil easier to reoil your internals spray the gun donw inside with the oil and work the action to relube. let it sit and drip a bit and see if your troubles are over. I am only brainstormin and trying to help so good luck. These guns are so worht the little effort they take to run them so don't give up. It is so worth it the grease I speak of can cause the ejector to be stuck in the bolt It should be stickin out as stated above I am attachin a pic of my 92 rossi .357 with an angle so you can see what it should look like hope it helps. bad pic but you see it and should be able to see it
On a side note you in Ohio that range has so much brass just rottin away in the dirt I want to scrounge LoL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts