Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greeting Rossi wheel gun owners,

I have been looking for a new 44 Magnum for 4 months and no one around this area has one and if they do, they want a $800 to $1000 for them and long barrels only and some of them are used condition at that! 44 mags must be in high demand because I can get AR's in better quantity than 44 mags! LOL

So, I have been looking at this one Rossi 44 magnum at Academy this whole time and we let a new Taurus 44 Magnum Tracker ported get away from us because we were doing research on it before we bought and with all this ammo burning a hole in my pocket (1400 rounds) and not able to shoot any of it....I did my homework from some of your threads and decided this weekend was it.....I was buying this Rossi! And..................I didn't make a mistake!

I LOVE THIS REVOLVER!!!!! Although it has fixed sights and shoots a little high and right.....it's a tack driver! We shot about 100 rounds of mags through it Sunday afternoon and recoil is excellent and rare up is all but non existent compared to other 44 mags. After 5 shots and locating where the rounds were hitting, I compensated for it and I was consistently hitting the bulls eye! Single action is sweet and double action is nice and not bad! The trigger is consistent and smoother than I thought it would be. My first sub nose 44 magnum and I am hooked! Matter of fact I gave my Taurus 40 cal Millennium Pro for someone else to shoot and shot my new Rossi revolver exclusively!

Thanks everyone who wrote a thread on theirs and showed me what to look at and watch out for and did my inspection before I purchased the weapon and it was everything and a bag of chips! My friend is now considering going back to Academy and buying one for himself he liked it so much.

..................Twin

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Sweet!! Congrats! oh.....and...... :worthless:

Reactions: Bender

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
congrats and have fun with it. :thumb:

·
Registered
155 Posts
I haven't shot the .44 mag, but I own a .357 snubbie, and it is great. I'm glad you're happy with your purchase.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
A hearty congratulations on your new hand-cannon!

(Now, how about some pics?) :icon_ poke: (nudge, nudge)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will post some good pics when I get a chance. I adjusted the front sight to kind of correct the hitting right with a drift pin last nite and now I need to go shooting again! Rats...I hate that..........LOL I will keep you all posted and maybe post a vid along with the pics.

Thanks.....................Twin

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
Pictures or it did not happen.. Nice hand cannon..

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)

Well since some of you can't wait for pics!! LOL...this is the best vid I have of my Rossi. Nice flames.

........................Twin

Reactions: FZ1

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Looks like the flames coming out of my M44 shooting at dusk!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Very nice. I hope it provides great service!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Very nice. I hope it provides great service!
As much fun as it is to shoot....I just hope I can wear it out! LOL

......................Twin

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I adjusted my front sight to the right with a drift pin because it shot about 4" to the right at first shootings and took it this weekend to shoot with a bunch of guys and see how the adjustment went. I was shooting my new Taurus 24/7 45 and it was on the money every time. I holstered my 45 and grabbed my Rossi 44 magnum from my small of my back and snapped off a round on a soda can and completely evaporated the can and every one jumped and asked what I shot! LOL It knocked everyone else soda cans off the backstop they were shooting at and it was impressive. That adjustment with the drift pin was on the money and I hit every can I shot. My friend wanted to shoot the 44 and he was doing the same thing. Made everyone kind of envious of the gun and the round and the damage it could do. Very impressive gun and my friend said he might just have to go get him one just like if for the price. Please, do yourself a favor if you want a nice snub nose 44 magnum, but fairly reasonable 44 magnum that shoots GREAT.......this is your weapon.

Thanks................Twin

Reactions: Bender

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Does it have the Taurus lawyer lock on it??

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Here's a video we took late at the end of our shooting day with the Rossi 44 magnum! Wanted to see the fire ball it put out and as you can see, it doesn't rear up. No port job on the gun and it not hard to handle at all.

.................Twin

·
Registered
5 Posts
I recently purchased the 44 Mag also. I love it. Can't wait to get it out on the range. I didn't like the grip it came with, so by researching some posts on this sight, I purchased a Hogue grip for it. This revolver doesn't have a lot of press for it, so accessories are minimal. So, I talked with the folks at 5star firearms about their speedloaders, and after sending them the measurements of the revolver, I purchased the range kit for it. Very nice.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts