Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know how many here are fans of classic rock, but I am a fan because of the quality of music that came out years ago compared to today. Still, I am always on the lookout for new artists with talent and that good old rock 'n roll sound. So I stumbled upon these new kids called Rival Sons, they are a throwback to 70's style hard blues rock, and yes they do know how to play their instruments. Check out their song "Get Mine" (featured on a Jeremiah Weed commercial) and "All Over The Road". Can't yet figure out who exactly they remind me of especially on vocals but they sound great.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Here's the one you posted about:

Kind of sound like a cross between Foghat and Zep to me. Like them.

Sarge

·
Registered
29,846 Posts
First I've heard of em.

Definitely have that classic sound and back beat...and...you can understand the lyrics.

They get my vote! :D

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
It's got a good beat and is easy to dance to! Oh waite a minute, this isn't American Bandstand!

·
Registered
518 Posts
I am a big fan of classis rock too so here is a recommendation. Go to Youtube and listen to several tracks of "World Gone Crazy" by the Doobie Brothers. Songs like "Nobody", "Far From Home", "The Doctor", and "A Brighter Day" are vintage Doobie Brothers. Great stuff!

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Doobies= Good!!

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
I a fan of classic rock, but you know what? Just as much bad music was made in the 60's and 70's as is today. It just the only classics you hear on the radio or listen too out of your collection are the good ones. That's why you hear Gimme Shelter on the radio but never everything that was recorded in 1969 block of music.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's why I'm also on a Thin Lizzy kick now and exploring what I never heard from them in my childhood. Unbelievable stuff. Try "The Cowboy Song" especially the Peel Sessions version. A 70's Irish rock band with a black singer doing a cowboy song better than any country artist ever could. And for a spectacular lead guitar try "Whiskey In The Jar", a gorgeous rock take on an ancient Celtic ballad. OK I'm biased but Thin Lizzy really is mind blowing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts