Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a new deer rifle from work today. It was "Employee Appreciation Day" at work today so we got an extra 15% on top of our normal discount. Bad news for a gun addict like myself :D

Anyways, here she is

Tikka model M695 in 7MM mag. I got it for a steal I think. Hoping for a little range time with her this weekend

·
22,058 Posts
I believe you can get some dinner with that..

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Nice shootin iorn, it's good for elk and moose too.

Hunter 2.gif

·
Registered
733 Posts
Bad news for a gun addict like myself :D
cool rifle....
any donations for our GUN ADDICTIONS would be greatly appreciated.... :p

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice shootin iorn, it's good for elk and moose too.

View attachment 22698
That's what my boss was saying when I was picking it out. I've got family up north that hunt moose I might have to visit soon :D
And from the prices I'm seeing for them online, I stole the dang thing lol

·
Super Moderator
35,150 Posts
Hope it's a shooter. I have a Savage 110 in 7 mag and love the caliber, but it's a might much loaded full power for deer/hogs. It's a little flatter shooting than a .30-06 and a little harder hitting. I have other rifles or I'd load it down maybe around .280 velocities, but I can't see having all that case and not using it. :D

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm trying to get a few guys together for a trip to the range this Sunday and I'll get her sighted in at 100yds. I'd love to try some long range shots but I'd have to find a new place to shoot for that

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No pics of the targets from this past weekend but I was shooting 2" groups at 100 yards sitting with no rests. I love this thing. Gonna try to take it to a friends farm for some runway shots and see how this thing really shoots. He's got a 6000' runway that ends in a 15' tall berm that's begging for some long shots

Beautiful Tikka! How sweet of a price is sweet? Ya know we have to know! :D
I walked out with it for just under $260 :D

·
Registered
34,139 Posts
Nice rifle! That 7mm Mag is an awesome round!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys. Finally got to try some longer range shots with it today. Got it sighted in at 100 yards and was hitting 12ga shells with it pretty consistently. Moved it out to 250 yards and was taking clays with no problem. Hit 19 in a row before I missed :D

Tried shooting clays at about 450 yards and it was too great of a distance for the cheap Tasco scope that's on it. The cross hairs covered up the clays so I moved up to a 1-liter DP bottle and nailed it first shot. Makes me feel good that I know I can make a shot at that distance and hit what I'm aiming for if I ever have to

1 - 16 of 16 Posts