Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
36,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well Picked up another unwanted 1911 and found it a room here at Shady Oaks 1911 retirement village.
Seems the owner didn't care for the little guy as he said he had way to much bite everytime he tried to play with him.
Every ran into a deal that just kept getting better and better?
this started out about a week a go or so with a friend putting me in touch with a guy wanting to ditch this thing, originally he wanted 600 bucks for it.
well went and looked at it today, he came down to 550 for it, i asked "didn't you say it came with 2 magazines"?
-yes it does and actually i have the box and everything else too!
seems he said he ahd ran 2 -3 boxes of ammo through it and it had jammed 2-3 times.
so here he is!
Springfield Armory Micro Compact Loaded Lightweight without the rail--(a plus in my opinion).
45 acp , officers size with alloy frame, Novak low profile tritium sights, target grade trigger, hi beavertail grip safety, Slim cocbolo grips (yes factory) , ambi thumb safety, Fully supported and ramped match bull barrel, Weighs in at 25 ounces without the magazine.
The box included all the goodies from illinois like the blue carry pouch, all the misc wrenches, documents, 2 magazines, etc.
This is no longer produced and i am not sure how many were produced, course its not a collector gun for me anyway.
it is one of the custom Springfields that are hand fitted/assembled in Illinois, fit and finish are spectacular.
MSRP was 1200-1300, street price was 900-1000 when new, used usually is in the 750-850 when you can find one around here.
Most seem to have the anodized black frame, many come with the rail.
ran 100 of my 200 grain reloads , 12 -175 grain Federal HP, 12 -185 grain XTP (reloads) and 12 -200 grain Gold Dots(reloads) through it with 1 failure to chamber on a XTP.
first magazine I set the target at 5 yards to test the sights, shot a 6 shot cloverleaf about 1 -1 1/2 inch diameter!
this thing is a sweety!
Ran a silhouette target at 7-10-12 yards and kept everything in 9-10 ring or head, not bad in recoil to me??
but to each his own.
anyway got him settled into his room in the safe, his roomate will be the ATI Titan.

NOTE: RODFAIR DO NOT LOOK AT THIS POST!!!
Sorry for the late addition ROD!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Very Nice.... smiley thumb.gif

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
29,844 Posts
Olfarhors, your work with those underprivileged ones is remarkable. :D :D It must be terribly difficult having to show love and attention to all of them! :D

:)D Enjoy the new 1911! )

·
Super Moderator
40,649 Posts
Nice gun, nice deal!

·
Super Moderator
27,087 Posts
I hate you!, no warning printed!
Congrats.....next time you are in my area check out my new LGS....Yesterday they had about 20 1911's on display...of various kinds calibers ..... Picked up my gun and had to depart!

Reactions: olfarhors and darbo

·
Registered
36,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow what a deal Olfarhors! Congratulations!
Yea, I ain't got a clue what it is with this 600 dollar deal on everything?
we got a lot of tree guys here, Maybe they are all missing 4 fingers or something?
I actually began to feel a bit guilty as this guy kept bringing stuff out!
The Pistol alone was worth more than he was asking originally.

·
Registered
36,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Olfarhors, your work with those underprivileged ones is remarkable. :D :D It must be terribly difficult having to show love and attention to all of them! :D

:)D Enjoy the new 1911! )
THANKS!!
Yes, yes it is, takes a lot of devotion and time, and don't forget that anyone wishing to donate food to help me feed these unfortunate guys it will be appreciated, don't forget they eat 38 Super, 10 MM and of course 45 acp.

·
Registered
36,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congrats.....next time you are in my area check out my new LGS....Yesterday they had about 20 1911's on display...of various kinds calibers ..... Picked up my gun and had to depart!
GEE!! Thanks ROD!
thats just what I need to visit!
some place that has a lot of different 1911's on display!
I guess if I was a diabetic that you would offer to take me to lunch at the local cookie shop ?
-GRIIIIN.

·
Super Moderator
27,087 Posts
GEE!! Thanks ROD!
thats just what I need to visit!
some place that has a lot of different 1911's on display!
I guess if I was a diabetic that you would offer to take me to lunch at the local cookie shop ?
-GRIIIIN.
After I had checked your will!....YES! funnily enough the LGS has a new pastry shop about 100 yds away!

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Very nice! And sounds like it's paper-trained to boot! :D

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Hmmm..... New LGS? Is it in the Teneroc area?

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Olfarhors, do you have a 1911 magnet somewhere hidden in your pocket? That's a real beauty and a nearly criminal deal. It looks like a perfect carry piece. Shoot it often in good health.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
That is a sweet deal. Nice looking 1911 too.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
Nice find! Congrats.

·
Super Moderator
27,087 Posts

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
That was a sweet deal. Congrats on the find. Feed it well.

·
Registered
24,897 Posts
Very charitable of you to take that poor unwanted waif in and give him a nice warm place to stay. I would offer a food donation but I too have a number of orphans to feed and am always on the lookout for any and all handouts I can get. Walmart seems unwilling to contribute.

·
Registered
36,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Nice find Old Fire Horse!!

That springer is a beauty and sounds like she backs up her looks in the shooting department.
You are to be commended for your dedication to wayward 1911s but it sound like you have too much on your hands, I can PM you my local FFL so you can send a few this way to graze for the summer. Spring has finally sprung and I just got the first crop put up, so there is plenty to eat ;)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts