Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you suggest for a nondescript but sturdy range bag that won't telegraph that it contains firearms?

Looking for something that isn't military olive drab, desert tan, or camo colored.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
So your going to a gun range, but you don't want people to know that you have firearms in your bag. :)

Perhaps a back pack?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So your going to a gun range, but you don't want people to know that you have firearms in your bag. :)
Lol Mark.

It's the walk from my front door to my vehicle where discretion is the better part of valor.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
Lol Mark.

It's the walk from my front door to my vehicle where discretion is the better part of valor.

I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself.

They do have these chests at Walmart, about as big as a large ice chest, that has a handle and wheels.

Reactions: Mrlucky353

·
Super Moderator
26,962 Posts
I laughed at this. Not at the OP but I am too tight fisted to buy a range specific bag.
I hi-jack my daughters dance bag, 6 pockets outside 4 inside, piece of plywood in the bottom and I am good to go.

Attachments

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
I laughed at this. Not at the OP but I am too tight fisted to buy a range specific bag.
I hi-jack my daughters dance bag, 6 pockets outside 4 inside, piece of plywood in the bottom and I am good to go.
As long as your daughter does not complain about the gun powder smell, that is great..:eek:

·
Super Moderator
26,962 Posts
Drowns the smell of sweaty socks, and she gets a dance bag that smells of Hoppes! Fair trade...pun deliberate!

·
Registered
5,026 Posts

Perhaps a back pack?
That is exactly what I use. The common back pack has pockets for what ever you need. I prefer the laptop style back pack over the kids backpack.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Lol Mark.

I agree and sympathize with the OP. That's why I use a guitar case to get my "little friend" to and from the car. For you I recommend a good tool bag. Hard to suspect a shooting bag when it says Stanley in big yellow letters.

Attachments

·
Registered
879 Posts
Harbor Freight Hardware has a 19" plastic tool box with an internal removable tray and a storage compartment on the lid with a see through door. It is rugged, lite weight, easy to carry and it works for me. It costs about $10.00.

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
I like this one but it is expensive. Made to be a range bag but looks like nothing more than a back pack.
http://www.amazon.com/G-P-S-GPS-171...4&sr=8-2&keywords=gps+tactical+range+backpack

I have the Midway bag mentioned in a earlier post. I like it but now that I live in this apartment it screams GUNS whenever I carry it out to the truck. Same with my rifle case. I just need to not live in this apartment complex!!

Just for the heck of it I searched "tool bag" on Amazon and there appears to be some very good and affordable items!
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...s&field-keywords=tool bag&sprefix=tool+ba,aps

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
5 gal plastic bucket holds ammo and pistols.

Hard shell golf travel container for long guns.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Walmart gym bag and sometimes two....

·
Registered
7,533 Posts
Midway has a very good bag, had mine quite awhile now, lot of pockets

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
I have to keep my going to the range bag incognito, too! I use a backpack, and then a smaller fabric tool bag to carry extra ammo- the kind that has a metal frame that closes at the top! One of htese days i am going to get a skate boards with a rope handle and bungy cords so I can wheel all the stuff rather than try to carry it, to the range! :)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts