Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I picked up a new H&R pump today. While I was waiting on father time to finish the background check I went to get some shells for it. While looking through the depressing selection of shotshells I stumbled across a new brand of gear "G.P.S.". I almost passed out when I saw the price tag (59.97) but decided to give a look and see why it was so special! LoL. After five minutes of finding new pockets I had to have it. I swear I could pack my living room in this thing and every pocket has a picture of what it is designed for. Well, the NICS came through and I paid for everything and left. Prior to this the only real range bag I owned was the cheap $25 Winchester bag they sell and I thought it was a pretty good bag but it has not aged well and is just not big enough for a real range trip anyway.

I came home and started to move everything from the Winchester bag to the new G.P.S. bag. I was amazed at how much room was left after the Winchester bag was empty! Here are a few backyard pics just to show you guys the pure awesomeness.

This is labeled as a medium range bag and the dimensions are 14x11x9".

Pouches for "Eye's & ears" on the top flap.

Plenty of room in the main compartment for pistols, ammo, etc. Here you can see my PT1911 and 3" M66 hiding in the bottom.

The front opens to reveal mag pouches, two elastic loops that perfectly fit a mini maglite and a zippered pouch for I don't know yet.

Both sides have reinforced "Lift Ports" to help move it around on the bench. This side also has a large pocket labeled for binoculars and a small pocket for tape.

On this side is a large pocket for muffs and a pocket that holds your staple gun.

Finally the back side has a pocket that contains two dump cups with velcro bottoms, a pocket for some small tools and also a nice hard plastic box that will hold bore brushes, patches, etc.

Although it's a little pricey, the construction is very nice. I believe this is all the range bag the average Joe will ever need. If anyone is in the market for a new bag I strongly recommend you give this on a look. They are also available from Amazon, CTD, and other online retailers if your local Wal-Mart does not carry it.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
GPS makes some rugged, well thought out Range bags. I've been looking at them, but I wish they would do away with
those labels. I can see maybe having a labeled "keys" or "glasses" pocket, but do they really need to tell you what is
supposed to go in each and every single pocket!? lol

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
Nice bag....

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
nice bag lots of pockets and directions are nice

jhp

·
5,686 Posts
I bought one for my Son for Christmas, he loves his. Lots of pockets and places for all the things you need.

·
Registered
24,858 Posts
Nice range bag.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Nicer than the freebie bag I got from the NRA - to be expected when it was free I guess. Gonna have to take a look at one of these.

Sent from my Eludium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24,858 Posts
It appears that you got a very good buy on that bag.

·
Registered
336 Posts
GPS makes some rugged, well thought out Range bags. I've been looking at them, but I wish they would do away with
those labels. I can see maybe having a labeled "keys" or "glasses" pocket, but do they really need to tell you what is
supposed to go in each and every single pocket!? lol
I like the labels - I always forget what is stuffed into the various pockets - sometimes lose things for years..

·
Registered
103 Posts
That's nice! My current range bag is a reusable shopping bag. I really need something better :p

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
66 Posts
I like it. Nice range bag. I like the pockets being labeled too. Quick and easy organization. Thanks for posting

·
Registered
8,801 Posts
I like it. Nice range bag. I like the pockets being labeled too. Quick and easy organization. Thanks for posting
Me. too re the labels. Wish my laptop backpack had labeled pockets or I had a better memory or both. LOL

Reactions: Sekol

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
I have a couple of smaller range bags and a Army rucksack for my main range bag. That is a
nice range bag you picked up there.

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
That looks cool. I'll have to check that out. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I got a Rangemaster bag off Amazon that I really like. It is very sturdy, double zippers on every zipper with a lock loop. Two gun removable sleeves and padded adjustable dividers. It has plenty of mag pockets and plenty of room for extra ammo, saftely glasses and hearing protectors. I use the over the ear headphone type.

Amazon.com: Large Padded Deluxe Tactical Range Bag - Rangemaster Gear Bag: Sports & Outdoors

It is nice being able to buy things and take them home right away, but I have noticed that inventory varies from WM to WM. I hate running to multiple stores looking for something specific. That is why stuff like this I just buy online.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Sweet bag. I need to pick one of those up!

·
Registered
17,246 Posts
That looks like one very nice range bag. Good price too.
I have a similar bag from Midway that is just about worn out.
I am going to check WalMart and see about this one.
Thanks for the post and the great pics. Helped a lot.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts