Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone seen or, shot the new RB with a 2" barrel in .454 Casull??

·
Registered
384 Posts
Only in pictures...Its got to be a hand full!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I mean why would anyone want such a beast? Perhaps only a masochist? I can't imagine going to the range and shooting even 50 rounds...

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
rwcreigh said:
i bet there will be someone on youtube soon
I bet you're right.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
There's lot's of reasons someone would do a 454 snubby; First and formost is the fact that there are some people out there who feel that .45 acp just would not do the job in certain situations, but the .454 would solve a lot of problems in that regard. Second would be that a gun like that would be easy to conceal and would be easier to wield than some of these 7 inch howitzers they normally chamber this cartridge for. And finally nothing calms a would be attacker down faster than staring down the gaping hole at the end of a large caliber magnum pistol, sort of works like a tranquilizer cept they tend to listen to what you have to say a little better, well, the smart ones do in any event. A snubby in that caliber would be great carry piece, plus you can do .45 long colt in it, a very under appreciated round in this day and age.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Ace said:
There's lot's of reasons someone would do a 454 snubby; First and formost is the fact that there are some people out there who feel that .45 acp just would not do the job in certain situations, but the .454 would solve a lot of problems in that regard. Second would be that a gun like that would be easy to conceal and would be easier to wield than some of these 7 inch howitzers they normally chamber this cartridge for. And finally nothing calms a would be attacker down faster than staring down the gaping hole at the end of a large caliber magnum pistol, sort of works like a tranquilizer cept they tend to listen to what you have to say a little better, well, the smart ones do in any event. A snubby in that caliber would be great carry piece, plus you can do .45 long colt in it, a very under appreciated round in this day and age.
Unless I'm mistaken, the whole idea behind this weapon was for it to be a Guides gun. Light enough to carry in the bush but powerful enough to drop any dangerous critter threatening to eat the guys clients. If someone uses it for CC, I'd love to see what they keep in the bed side table!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts