Taurus Firearm Forum banner

New PX4 Storm

2K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  Los Adaes 
#1 ·
Just took home a Beretta PX4 in 9mm.I guess I should of asked this before i bought it,but anyone have any experiences with the pistol? Like the egronomics and hi-cap mags.Great night sights also.Won't be able to shoot it for about a week.Thanks,George

#2 ·
Don't worry Thunderbolt, I have owned 2 in 9mm and 1 in 40..... great guns. Mine have fed everything (factory ammo) I had with zero problems. From memory, you can buy an optional 20 rnd mag , but it's kinda high...$45 I think. Play with the replaceable backstraps and see which fits your hand best. The superluminova sights aren't nightsights, but then we didn't pay extra for them either. They work well if you charge them with a bright light, I use a Q-beam. Beretta makes a quality gun, if you have shot/owned a 92fs you will probably like the lighter trigger pull and weight of the PX4 better. Enjoy shooting, you won't be disappointed.

#4 ·
Thanks.I've owned a couple of the Taurus 92/99 knockoffs.Not impressed.Shouldn't judge Beretta by that I know.Has anyone ever seen the Gun Source?I ordered mags and holster for Glock.Excellent customer service,and they have a lot of PX4 things also.
http://www.thegunsource.com/store/

#6 ·
Thunderbolt said:
Thanks.I've owned a couple of the Taurus 92/99 knockoffs.Not impressed.Shouldn't judge Beretta by that I know.
Actually, the Taurus are not "knock offs" of the Beretta as you phrase it.

In 1980, after Italian arms manufacturer Beretta had completed its contracts to produce firearms for Brazil's military, Taurus purchased Beretta's São Paulo manufacturing plant along with the tooling, technical drawings, and work force necessary to produce several different pistol designs

#8 ·
All I know is 2 I've had and a few others I've known of are paper weights.

#10 ·
I had the .40 cal version bought new it jammed right out of the box.Sent it back and Taurus fixed it.The second was a 99.Loved it at first.Around 400 rounds it started jamming bad.A friend noticed the guide rod was bent.I put in a new rod fixed it.Both guns were fixed,but never really trusted them after that.And I've heard complaints from a couple other friends that have had problems with that particular gun.I have a 24/7 great weapon,Tracker 44 mag love it.But as for the 92/99 by Taurus I'm leary,Thats all I was trying to say.My next purchase I'm leaning toward tracker in .357 so I'm not a Taurus hater.

#11 ·
Speaking of the PX4 has anyone heard Beretta coming out with the military version of the it in .45 cal? Thought I read that somewhere.

#14 ·
I had XD 40.Great weapon.Prefer the grip on the Glock 21sf,and the 24/7.

#17 ·
Just shot the PX4.54 rounds no jams.20 ft from target got all 18 on the paper but was low.My fault probaly.The last 18 rounds I had to go rapid fire of course.The easiest pistol to disassemble/assemble I've owned.I used REM-OIL to oil it.I noticed the oil pretty much dries up.Should I use something that will leave some lube behind on the moving parts?

#18 ·
Thunderbolt said:
Just shot the PX4.54 rounds no jams.20 ft from target got all 18 on the paper but was low.My fault probaly.The last 18 rounds I had to go rapid fire of course.The easiest pistol to disassemble/assemble I've owned.I used REM-OIL to oil it.I noticed the oil pretty much dries up.Should I use something that will leave some lube behind on the moving parts?
Check out the cleaning and lube products by M Pro 7---http://www.mp7.com/

They are the best "over-the-counter" maintenance products I have ever used.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.