Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm looking to buy a pt 140 or pt 145 mellenium pro. seems like the best price on the market. some friends tell me to go with sigsauer or the xd model from springfield. my budget does'nt support the more expensive guns. any suggestions would be very helpful.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Welcome From Arizona :wave:

Glad that you are here..look around and have fun :D

Alot of good info in here..you can go to search and type that....
Alot of guys have these in here....
Me, i have Taurus Tracker .357..
not much help for you... :rolleyes: :D :D

Alot of guys can be hard on Taurus...but if you gave them one, they would keep it and shoot...then hide it when the buds came around :D

Check around in here...and be careful..because somebody in here likes to give Homework ... ;)....:D :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
I love my PT145, and now that it's fixed (sent back to Taurus immediately after purchase like so many others) I won't get rid of it. If I knew the trouble before I purchased I'd have either a) tried before I bought to make sure mine didn't have problems, or since they won't let you do that b) got something different. I had to borrow a gun to take my ccw 2 and a half months after I sent my gun back because it still hadn't come back.
But, if you have the time and patience, the price is right and the gun, now, is sweet. Where else you gonna get a sub-compact semi-auto 45?

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome to the forum, we're glad to have you with us. We have a growing number of MilPro owners on the board
and it seems to be one of Taurus' more popular models [along with the 24/7 PRO series and the PT92/100 line]

Best Wishes

·
Registered
62 Posts
welcome to the forum I have a pt140 and I love it I have owned glocks and a sig and Iwould put this gun up there with them as far as performance and quality and how it fits my hand Ihave shot around 900 rounds with no real problems I did nead to replace my my mag releas no big deal just switched it to the other side untill it arived all in all I love this gun and yes I do carry it every day I hope this helps and you have agreat day

·
Registered
846 Posts
Welcome, I've got a PT140 and carry it CCW never any problem and shot my first reloads yesterday, good gun.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Lots of stuff out there. I have a few Sigs, an XD-40, a PT745, PT145, PT111 and on and on. Although I prefer the XD or the Sig, the Taurus is a good gun for the money. Comes in a great size. I also prefer my Bersa 40 or 45 over the Taurus, but since I still own my Taurus', that should tell you that I like them. It's all what you prefer and like to shoot. I haven't had any issues with any of my guns, but that would be a concern as with anything you buy, if you can't get it fixed in a timely manner, go with something else.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts