Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
I own both the PT-111 and a PT-145. Bought both early this year. No FTF with over 1000 rounds through both guns. I feel confident about both guns and carry the PT-145 every day. Sig makes a good gun as well as many other manufacturers. It all depends on which feels better in your hand and shoots better for YOU.

Cost of the gun was also a factor for me. Being new to handguns, these are my first, I like the features and looks of the Taurus line. The double stack and slide safety were important. I wanted to carry with the gun cocked and locked. The Glocks and XD's don't have the slide lock and negligent discharges seemed higher for those guns. All the trigger safeties and grip safeties seemed worthless and ugly to ME.

It's taken a few hundred rounds and input from other to correct my grip. Was shooting low and left. I was squeezing the grip to hard with my little finger. Now I shoot 4 inch groups at 15 yards as long as I don't spend to much time at the range. After 200 rounds the groupings open up.

I'm totally happy with the guns. If you go to The Firing Line or The High Road you can find threads about problems people have had with almost every gun made. Cost of a gun doesn't guarantee that you won't have problems. All mechanical tools can fail. ;)

·
Administrator
40,858 Posts
I like Sigs, plan on buying one soon. But for concealment use, my PT145 is perfect for me. Weight, features, reliability and all that stuff. I think personal defense is what these little guns were designed for. And they are fun at the range. :zzz:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts