Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took delivery today of a NIB PT92 in SS w/ Brazilian Walnut grips and two 17 round magazines. Beautiful gun. Anxious to put some rounds through it to get the feel of a heavier, longer pistol than my PT709 Slim and Ruger LCP. I'm expecting the experience to be dramatically different.
(stock photo)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
36,034 Posts
If you are like me...you will LOVE that pistol. Work out that shooting arm howver...that sucker is mucho heavier than what you are used to.

·
Registered
24,601 Posts
Congrats on your new slide gun.

Reactions: Shooter9mm

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After shooting your new 92 You will take the 709 & LCP and through them out the window ;)
Nah, still need those for CCWs. I don't open carry normally, but may have to strut this one -LOL.
JK - would take very special circumstances for me to OC.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you are like me...you will LOVE that pistol. Work out that shooting arm howver...that sucker is mucho heavier than what you are used to.
Yeah, even empty it's a heavyweight by comparison. Twice the empty weight and twice the magazine capacity over the 709 should make for an interesting learning curve.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Here I have a PT92C that is a smidge smaller in size and weight and only loads 13. It is the gun that brought me here and it goes with me everywhere. I love shooting it.

·
Super Moderator
36,034 Posts
Yeah, even empty it's a heavyweight by comparison. Twice the empty weight and twice the magazine capacity over the 709 should make for an interesting learning curve.
Put an 18 round MecGar magazine and the combined mass of the mag with rounds and the frame/slide really tames the 9mm recoil. By the time I fire 36 rounds I need a break!

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Nah, still need those for CCWs. I don't open carry normally, but may have to strut this one -LOL.
JK - would take very special circumstances for me to OC.
Aw, c'mon. Spring for a nice, basketweave stamped highride holster, polish it till it reflects starlight, and find a BBQ. That's what those things are for. At least mine is. Oh, it goes to the range to exercise the arm, just like a 1911 does. I tell my wife it is good therapy - I had my rotator cuffs shredded in a recent accident and need all the exercise I can get after the repairs. (What? How recent? Oh, 2006, but I've convinced her that therapy like that is a long process.)

·
Registered
150 Posts
I didn't know they came with the wood grips. Mine came with plastic - but I still like it a lot.
I don't find the weight to be all that much of an issue, but I don't carry it, either. But I did pick up a nylon holster in case I want to take it fishing or camping.;)

·
Registered
675 Posts
Beautiful gun!!!
Enjoy.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I took delivery today of a NIB PT92 in SS w/ Brazilian Walnut grips and two 17 round magazines. Beautiful gun. Anxious to put some rounds through it to get the feel of a heavier, longer pistol than my PT709 Slim and Ruger LCP. I'm expecting the experience to be dramatically different.
(stock photo)
Is this configuration orderable? Or did someone addon those grips? It is a beautiful looking combo!

·
Registered
786 Posts
[/QUOTE]

Is this configuration orderable? Or did someone addon those grips? It is a beautiful looking combo![/QUOTE]

Nevermind... I see it now online available to purchase

·
Registered
7,782 Posts
Congrats, nice pistol.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts