Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a new PT92 AFS from my FFL buddy today. I think I got a good deal on it. ($400 OTD). Plus I'll get another 1 year NRA membership.
The gun was pretty greasy when I got it out of the box. Got it field stripped & cleaned. I must say, of all of the guns I've come across, this one is almost alien inside. At least the barrel is. I'm a 1911 guy.
Was a bit surprised to see 2 mags in the box. I ordered 2 more MEC-GAR 15 rounders.
The fit & finish is outstanding. I just hope it shoots as good as it looks.
Tuesday is my range day. Will post how it goes.

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
congratulations-2271.gif ON your new PT-92, it should do well for you.

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
Looking good! Congratulations!

Funny, I read your name and my first thought was to ask 21st century? Now that I see your avatar there's no need for the question!

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
Congratulations on the new pistol.

·
Registered
8,791 Posts
I gotta get one of those - have the TuTone and and Black - need a SS to complete the set, then may be another with the gold accents. LOL This sickness is so debilitating !! LOL

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have to say that the folks here are truly dedicated to their firearms. It is really refreshing not to hear a bunch of snobs bickering over which very expensive gun they own is the best.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new pistol.

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Congrats on a great gun!

·
Registered
24,539 Posts
Congratulations.

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
Some nice looking PT-92 you have there. Love the platform, have 4 PT-99's myself. :thumb:

Reactions: Wino

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just got back from the range. Good experience. Ran a box of factory FMJ, box of reloads, & 20 rounds of JHP. This thing chewed them all up & spit out the empties without one issue. I love this gun. I will be shooting it ALOT.

Looked for a set of finger grips, but all they had was the Packmayr grip sleeve. Put it on & it's great. Makes the gun a bit thick, but I can handle it ok. If I had to pick this gun up in a hurry, I like the positive feel the grip gives.
So for all the naysayers, go ahead & buy the Beretta. it'll be your loss.
( Now if I could just find some of that Aluminum ammo at Wall*Mart)

·
Registered
12,089 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts