1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
36,034 Posts
They will sell a lot of those!

·
Supporting SuperModerator
14,939 Posts
Oh I don’t know, I might wait a year or so and see how they pan out.

:rofl:

·
Super Moderator
36,034 Posts
Oh I don’t know, I might wait a year or so and see how they pan out.

:rofl:
This makes me suspect that they may come back with the compact model.

·
22,296 Posts
OP, that's a handsome pistol. I'd prefer it without the rail, but the businesslike matte finish sets off the glossy grips very well.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
OP, that's a handsome pistol. I'd prefer it without the rail, but the businesslike matte finish sets off the glossy grips very well.
A very skilled gunsmith with a high degree of metal smithing skills should be able to make the rail disappear I would think.
It may cost a chunk of change but the resulting gun would be awesome!

·
Registered
299 Posts
I'd like to see the Compact come back, too. Especially for mags and slim grip panels.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Almost identical to my first 92, the "free" one Taurus gave me when the revolver died. Except for the rail.
I am in the process of buying my very first ever 9mm.** It is going to be a PT 92, or some variation. I'm thinking the 92 AFS if one is available. Those will stand up to a lot of use, won't they? I'm open to suggestions. I like the one in the picture but I don't like those rails.

** I took my Colt Pocketlite to the pawnshop yesterday to see if they were interested in it. They are. The Pocketlite is a very nice gun but I prefer to carry a J frame revolver. The Colt has become a safe queen so she's getting the boot.:D

(Here's all the variations, which I've cut and pasted from Wikipedia.)
9mm Parabellum[edit]

• PT92, blued finish, hardwood or black plastic grips, three-dot fixed sights; 10-, 15- or 17-round factory magazines available.
  • PT92AF, lightweight alloy frame, five-inch barrel, hardwood or black plastic grips, Three-dot fixed sights. Ten-, 15- or 17-round factory magazines available. (A= ambidextrous safety lever; F= firing pin lock.)
  • PT92AFS, lightweight alloy frame, polished stainless steel slide, decocker, frame-mounted accessory rail, five-inch barrel, hardwood grips, three-dot fixed sights. 17-round magazine. (A = ambidextrous safety lever; F = firing pin lock; S = Stainless Version.)
  • PT92SS, stainless steel finish, checkered black rubber grip panels, three-dot fixed sights. Ten-, 15- and 17-round factory magazines available.
  • PT92C, Compact model with 4-inch barrel, hardwood or black plastic grips, three-dot fixed sights. Twelve-round factory magazines available.
  • PT99, blued or satin nickel finish, hardwood or black plastic grips, adjustable rear sight. All PT99 variants are compatible with PT92 magazines.
  • PT99AF, blued or satin nickel finish, hardwood or black plastic grips, lightweight alloy frame, 4.75-inch barrel, adjustable rear sight.
  • PT917C, Compact version with 4-inch barrel, blued finish, alloy frame, three-dot fixed sights. Seventeen- and 19-round factory magazines available. The 19-round magazine extends one inch below the grip.
  • PT917CS, Compact version with 4-inch barrel, stainless steel finish, alloy frame, three-dot fixed sights. Seventeen- and 19-round factory magazines available. The 19-round magazine extends one inch below the grip. It ships with both a 17- and 19-round factory magazine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts