Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi! from a new member in Austin, TX. The name's Tyler, and despite my username, I'm quite friendly. I'm currently studying electrical engineering and economics @ UT, but love machinery and mechanics as well (actually I enjoy anything involving guns, cars, computers, and cooking). As such I decided to start looking for handgun in the past few months, and thanks to this forum, I settled on a new pt92 afs about a week ago. I've never been able to leave good enough alone, so this first week brought about quite a large transformation. Sorry for the camera-phone quality. Full specs are in my signature.

Feel free to let me know what you think of it.

·
Registered
16,494 Posts
Welcome from north Texas. You will really like the PT 92, I have the same one in SS and it was a great buy.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Welcome from New Mexico, I hope you enjoy your PT99 as much as I have mine. I think it is my all time favorite so far but I am willing to gather as many others as I can just to be sure.:D

·
Registered
81 Posts
Howdy from N.Texas

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Welcome from right up the road from you!
Your sig didn't come through, but I have to ask, what's installed on the front and does it mess up the balance?

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Howdy and welcome from the Rust Belt USA....

1.1 USA.gif

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the greetings. And I was pretty sure I saved my signature, I'll check later. Parts list - Wolff 18lb recoil spring, Wolff d spring, Beretta Elite Hammer (Custom milled to fit), Altamont black checkered wood grips, stainless grip screws, and an HEC Compensator (SGS Clone).
but I have to ask, what's installed on the front and does it mess up the balance?
The compensator is the item on the front, and despite the menacing looks, weighed in at ~8oz. The ports on the top are for redirecting gas flow, similar to a muzzle brake on rifles. The compensator has 3 baffles that strip gas from the passing bullet and force it upwards. It reduces barrel rise allowing for more accurate follow up shots; the 92 feels like a .22 when I have the compensator installed, even when firing NATO(+p) loads.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
:wave:Welcome from Port Richey Fl.Sure is a fine looking 92.Ilove taking mine out for a walk at the range.:) DSC00546.jpg

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Welcome from Ohio!!

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Welcome from South Tulsa. As for your firearm, I'll tell you what I think of it.
It's a darned good looking pistol; & you did just fine on the photography!!

·
Administrator
39,476 Posts
Welcome from West Texas, Tyler! :wave:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Another welcome from the rust belt!

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Welcome from East Texas, Tyler

·
Registered
601 Posts
Welcome and Mabuhay from the Philippines.
Good looking piece. Something that is on my future acquisation plans....

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Welcome, Tyler, from Fort Worth, Texas where the West Begins.. Very nice pistola there :)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts