Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where to begin. Well I picked up my new 92 and was pretty excited at the shop. The gun looks and feels really good and I can't wait to take it to the range, but. Two things on this particular gun bother me. First the rear sight appears to sit a little far to the right side of the gun. Basically, you see a bit of spaceon the left and on the right there is none at all. Second, there is an area above the hammer (when decocked) on the slide where the machined part is a bit off, thin on left then slopes a little bigger towards the right. I will try an get some pictures of this, but I can not locate my camera.

In truth the 3 dot sights appear to be aligned, but I wouldn't be able to tell until I get to shoot it. What should I do?

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
the sights are suppose to be aliened at the factory, give it a chance on the range and see how it is.

as for the other problem im not sure exactly what you mean so i'll wait for a picture.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
ya you're sights are a bit more to the right then usual, but try it at the range first.

as for the area you're talking on the back are you talking about the slide?

im still not sure what you're talkign about but it is a bit thiner on the left because there is a metal plate with a point that is the ejector and you can see the ass end of it from the back of the gun.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Joe,

I'm going to try to explain this in the best possible way that I can. My gun terminology is limited, please bear with me.

If you look at the 3rd image 1066, you may notice that the area right behind (under) the rear sights and above the trigger (when seated) is not quite as uniformed as it should be. Lines are not straight, more like an inconsistent wave. Normally on other guns that I own it is either straight or very slightly curved. On the PT92 it looks like the tooling (machining) could have been better done. Now having said this I have some options. Since that has no effect on gun performance, I may be able to live with it so long as the gun does it's job. If I shoot at the range and it deviates too much because of the sight, then It will have to go back. Last option (if available) might be to return it to the shop and see if they can exchange it for another that they do not currently have in stock. So I would have to wait another week.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
ok i think i understand now, it should not be wavy but there is a area cut for the ejector in the slide on the left hand side of the hammer.

this should be nice and neat though so if you see wavy then it's a bad cut..

i'd see if you can take it back for a different gun..

do it quickly though before you fire it.

the pictures are'nt much help because they're all blury.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
joe sixpack said:
ok i think i understand now, it should not be wavy but there is a area cut for the ejector in the slide on the left hand side of the hammer.

this should be nice and neat though so if you see wavy then it's a bad cut..

i'd see if you can take it back for a different gun..

do it quickly though before you fire it.

the pictures are'nt much help because they're all blury.
Yep, you got it. Sorry again for the blurry pictures. It's the best I can do. I wish I was able to compare it to another PT92. Perhaps you or Taurus_9mm could take a photo of that area?

Anyway, I'm just a little bummed. First I loose the Beretta compact, now this. This is turning out to be me unlucky #13.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts