Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
thats a tough one.. a beretta vertec holster might fit.. i say might because the slide and barrel is shorter.. so it might not fit all the way in if it's form fitted you'll have a little extra empty space at the bottom of the holster.

now if you're talking OWB you could use pretty much anything a 92/99/100/101 (w-rail), or beretta vertec will fit, in some cases you can even use a regular beretta/taurus 92 holster.

i've got a fobus BRV for my 92 but it does'nt have any security on it, would be ok for conceal though.. but open you could still use it just be a little more aware of it.

you can always get someone to make you a form fitted leather IWB holster have to check around for that.

im not aware of any IWB holsters specifically marketed for the 917, but that dont mean they dont exist.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Cobra-
The 917 is on my short short list. If you find an IWB you like, let me know how the 917 is for CC, will you please?
I've had really good experience w/ Taurus revolvers in the past, time for a 9!

Keith

·
Registered
34 Posts
The 917 won't fit any of the holsters made for the pre-rail Taurus PT92's. Fobus makes the BRV series specifically for Berettas with rails, so you might give that a try for an OWB holster. I carry my 917 in a Don Hume Open Top leather holster designed for the Springfield XD 4" mode.. Fits like a glove. Since the 917 fits XD leather holsters, you might try to fit one into an IWB for an XD to see if it fits. Try it one before you buy, so you don't end up with a bunch of extra holsters that don't fit like I did.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just an afterthought. The 917 does not fit the polymer holsters designed for the XD since they are more tightly molded after the actual gun. The leather holsters have a little more "room to move", so after my month long quest to find a holster like you are doing, I settled on the Don Hume leather.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Time to wake this thread up. I am the new proud pappa to a PT 917 and wonder if anyone has found a better holster they like for this pistol? Right now it's sitting in a old nylon holster..not very well I must say. So what's out there?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts